Image

Image

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Easter!

Hello! Happy Easter! I hope you all had a fun weekend! From the pictures it looks like it! 

Looks like Brad had a crazy week! Lots of "Don't tell mom!" Stories haha.... Don't worry I have plenty of those to tell when I get home :p

I probably had a somewhat similar Easter to brads... Everyone kinda goes crazy here too for Semana Santa and its a whole lot of catholic tradition mixed with Spring Break craziness and the church really doesn't do a whole lot... The sacrament meeting talks were about Consecration and Obedience, The Mexico Area Plan, and the importance of Work. Happy Easter! Kinda sad and we were expecting something different but oh well... Last Easter Sunday was conference so it was double special. 

Bricio got ordained yesterday! It was a super special experience! His dad did a great job :) He probably will wait a while to be ordained an Elder, like 6ish months, but I don't know what they will do about the baby blessing... Maybe they will wait. 

I´m glad you are such great friends with Naxieli! She is really a great member and a great person. One of my favorite families for sure. It's weird because every time we go she says "Your mom said this and that and look at the snow in your house!" haha. She is in love with it as well. They are actually thinking about moving the the US and I think its pretty likely. That will be fun to have a convert family close by :) I told her she is welcome at our house anytime, and Bricio wants to go snowboarding with me :)

I will look into your drug smuggling idea. (I asked him to get me some amoxicillin!)

Have fun in St. George! Elder Tipton said that you should contact his parents and go to lunch or dinner or something. They live in Cedar City but I am sure they would love to meet you. Look them up on Facebook!

Yay, dentist appointment! My teeth are surprisingly doing well! I think this special toothpaste Dr Bart gave me really works haha. I just ran out this week so this will be my first time buying toothpaste in Mexico today! Good thing we have Walmart! My eyes are doing well too. Missionary blessings I guess. I have one pair of contacts left so I will need some as soon as I get home. It's weird starting to run out of stuff I used to have a 2 year supply of! What I really need is a chiropractor appointment! 

Anyway so my week was kinda quiet being Semana Santa and all... Lots of people use this time to go on vacation or go to the beach and stuff other than remember Christ so lots of people weren't home... Francisca went out of town for the weekend and couldn't go to church which was a bummer... Keep her in your prayers. Hopefully she is ready to be baptized by the 9th. 

On Monday we had an FHE with Bricio and his family and 2 other recent converts, Yazmin and Misael. That was really fun. The rest of the week we have spent finding which has gone well but not as well as we would like. The highlight of our finding efforts were Alejandro and Paola. They are a young couple with a 6 month old baby named Sofia. They were a reference from a member in the neighboring ward (Alejandros Uncle) and we have been trying to find them for a while. Finally we were able to find them  yesterday. Paola recently had a surgery and for that reason they hadn't been at home. But they received us really well and we taught the Restoration and they were really interested and are going to read and pray and are excited to go to conference on Sunday. We are hoping they will be able to progress well. They seem to have lots of potential!

We have also been teaching Margarita, the wife of a recent convert who was less active and is now active. At first when we started teaching her she wasn't really into it that much but she has been reading and praying and is a lot more interested. We had 2 really good lessons with her this week about keeping the Sabbath day holy and then we taught the plan of salvation and talked about how our decisions in this life don't just affect this life, but the eternities. Hopefully that will help her make the decision to stop working on Sundays and that will help her receive the answer she is looking for!

We were also able to teach Roberto this week which was a miracle! We found him almost a month ago, it is a coworker of our relief society president and he is so prepared and so ready to receive the gospel but you know who just hasn't let us teach him! We finally got to talk to him after like 2 weeks and he has read almost all of 1 Nephi! Woo! He really likes it and has lots of questions but understands almost everything. He has wanted to come to church but work and family problems haven't given him a chance. he said for sure this week he will be there. He is really interested in seeing the conference. Keep him in your prayers too!

We finished this month with 7 baptisms in the zone! Wooo! We are really excited and hope we can keep this going and make it part of the stakes culture. Our goal is to help the stake in ways that when we leave and new missionaries come, the stake can keep progressing. President Flores is supporting us a ton and we are excited to keep working with the stake.

Hopefully this next week will be even better now that everything is back to normal. It's week 7 of the transfer so next week I will find out if I get transferred or not... I doubt it, but who knows!

Love you!



Elder Skalla
México Tampico Mission

I got this awesome picture from my new friend Nax!  What a fun surprise that was!! Ryan loves this family and that sweet little girl is his "Mexican niece" 

No comments:

Post a Comment