Image

Image

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Boring week full of sickness...

Hello! Sounds like you had a fun week! I bet those 4 are a handful haha I am excited! Bricio´s daughter, Azul, is almost 3 and reminds me of Adalynn. She LOVES Frozen and Elsa and is just super funny haha. On March 6th his wife is due to give birth to another daughter which is super exciting! I cant wait for their sealing in a year!

Sounds like Stake Conference was pretty cool too! And yes I agree we have a super strong Stake. Stronger than any of the stakes I have been in here. 

So... about our week. On Monday we left the ciber and my companion had a huge migraine so we went and ate thinking that would help but it didn't so after shopping and all that we went home and he slept all day haha. We worked that night and found and awesome investigator named Roberto. He works at Office Depot and that's where the RS pres works too and one night she was with us visiting an investigator and we ran into him and she invited him to listen to us and we put the appointment for Monday. Afterwards she told us she had been praying for an opportunity to share the gospel with him and look what happened! I no longer believe in coincidences. So we taught him and he was super receptive to the message of the restoration and he had already read a bit of the Book of Mormon. He accepted a baptism date and everything and he said he was going to go to church next Sunday. So.... we went home and my companion started feeling a bit sick again, took 4 ibuprofen and crashed. He woke up the next morning with a fever and all kinds of other fun stuff. We went to the doctor and they said he had a severe throat infection. They gave him an IV and paracetamol and suero (forgot how to say that in English) and then after a few hours in the hospital we left. but he had to go back the next 2 days and get a shot in the bum. He had to rest for the next 2 days, doctor and Sis Ramirez orders. But on Wednesday I woke up with a headache and we went to our district meeting and started getting super cold and nobody else was cold and I got a fever too. Fun! So we just went home and rested because I still wasn't as bad as my companion was so we didn't go to the hospital. Well the next morning I was feeling a bit better but we had to go to the hospital anyway to get his injections and so I just got checked anyway. Apparently I had the same throat infection but WORSE than my companion! But the fact that I don't have tonsils made my symptoms much much less. So I didn't have to have an IV or anything and the doctor couldn't give me the same antibiotic as my companion so she gave me one that is just pills which was nice. But because my infection was worse and it was cold and rainy out, I had to stay home for 3 days! So Tuesday-Saturday we were stranded at home. It was awful especially because we weren't that sick. But Sister Ramirez got mad at us just for going to district meeting when we were sick so we had to stay home. We convinced her to let us go to leadership council on Friday but that was it. So we couldn't visit any of our investigators :( we ate with Bricio on Friday so we were able to see him, but not Francisca and none of the others. But on Sunday we were hoping for a miracle after calling and texting everyone possible and Bricio and Francisca showed up! That really surprised us that Francisca came because we have only taught her like 3 times and we didn't even see her this week! But she is awesome and will most likely be baptized. We have some other investigators that are just starting to progress that we are excited for. We have kind of semi-dropper Gloria and her family because she has to get divorced and married and that takes a few months and they don't have money to get to church on their own and the member that has been picking them up has a stake calling and can't do it a lot of times. So we are going to keep visiting them but not really that much. Just to keep them progressing a little bit until they are on their feet financially and married. Oscar and Sonia we are going to have to drop because they just don't progress. He doesn't want to leave his job and on the day he had off we were going to go to the self reliance center but he bailed on us. So we are going to let them go for a while. 

Hopefully I will have some more news about investigators next week, Bricio is still going strong, ready to get baptized in 2 weeks! His wife and sister still don't know he has a date and has decided to be baptized haha. They wont know til the bishop announces it next week. Its pretty fun. 

We are hoping for a much more productive week this week. This week in the house has given me way too much time to think and I don't like it. Mostly because my thoughts always go towards the future. I am excited to get home and start the next phase of my life, but I don't like thinking about leaving where I am now and what I am doing. But for now I am here so I will just focus on today and tomorrow and nothing else. 

Thanks for everything! love you!
Elder Skalla

No comments:

Post a Comment