Image

Image

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

This is what it is all about....

Hello!

This week was awesome :D A reminder of why I am here and why I do what I do every day. Seeing Bricio getting baptized and having the privilege to confirm him on Sunday were some of the best experiences of my mission. Seeing his wife and sister crying tears of joy almost brought me to tears as well. It makes it all worth it. All the long and tiring days and all the rejection and doors in the face and disappointment just doesn't really matter compared to the joy of seeing someone start a new life and embrace the restored gospel and see the potential that they have. Bricio is a really great guy and will be a great asset to the ward and a great servant of the Lord. I am honored to be a small part of his conversion process.







I figured you would like getting to talk to Nax haha. And she speaks English pretty well so you can actually talk to her! She was excited for the chance to practice her English too haha. I'm glad you accepted the message! It wouldn't let her add you as a friend so she had to just send a message. Are you friends now? (YES!  We are!)


That's exciting that Ty and Ali got a minivan haha. I'm glad Delilah (his old car) is still going strong. I think I´m the only one that had any faith in her! Lets just hope she lasts a while after I get home!

That's great that you ran into Sister Best!  That's pretty crazy that they are going to move to St. George. Did she get a job there? I tried convincing Logan to sell pest control with me but he has his job in UPS so he cant really take the summer off. But Ya, I am excited to be close to St. George. I am thinking about going down there 4th of July weekend and seeing Elder Tipton and Logan. That's just an idea though who knows what will happen. 

It hasn't been cold recently, but in December, January and February it was. That's why I opened my Christmas package early, I needed to take advantage of warm clothes while I had them and needed them! But they will still be good for Provo weather. I have taken good care of them. 



(I got the video and some of the pictures from Sis. Nax while Elder Skalla was having dinner with her family!  Love her!! I had no idea Ryan knew that song!  Playing from memory

I learned '"Let It Go" at home haha. I only know the first part but Azul loves it. I have been practicing piano a lot in the mission. You will be surprised when I get home :) Not TOO surprised but... A little haha. Maybe I will take a piano class or something at BYU.

Aside from the baptism this week there wasn't anything too monumental. Bricio told his family on Thursday (Wednesday night he got called into work for an emergency.) that he was going to get baptized and it was super cool. They had us over to eat while he was saying the prayer he said thanks for the opportunity to get baptized this Saturday haha and when he said amen the faces of his sister and wife were unforgettable. Mostly excitement, a bit of confusion and a bit of "Why didn't you say anything sooner!" haha. It was a good day and fun to see. Bricio is already talking about getting sealed and already wants to get his patriarchal blessing haha. He is going to be a great member.

On Thursday we had interviews with President so we were in the stake center ALL DAY. It was good to talk to president though. I love knowing him so well. It makes a big difference. On Thursday we found out that Elder Rasband is coming to the mission on April 16th! Its the first apostle to come to Tampico in over 5 years! The conference is going to be in our stake center too which is exciting. I hope I am still here next change... Who knows what will happen...

That's about all the time I have... Love you and I will tell you more next week!

Elder Skalla


No comments:

Post a Comment