This week was pretty much just normal... nothing too exciting.
To answer your questions...
yes, Naxieli is her first name. Its pronounced exactly how it looks haha. We are going to eat with them today in just a few hours...
We are excited for the apostle! We were told this week that it is no longer certain that it will be Elder Rasband, but somebody from the 12! Yes the whole mission is going to come to our stake center. Its going to be pretty crazy but we are excited. I bet I will stay here one more change, and I wouldn´t be surprised if Elder Tipton and I stay together. Who knows though! Next week we will find out!
I´m glad your Sunday school class went well! That's a hard thing to teach! I remember so many times being taught about the atonement and over and over and over and I never really got it til I experienced it for myself haha! I think that is true for almost all gospel principles. At least for me.
That's fun you got a snow storm! Maybe I´ll get lucky and get to see snow in May :p haha I doubt it.
This week was pretty normal... We are getting Bricio ready to get the priesthood. He has his interview yesterday and if all goes well, he should be ordained a priest next week. Its Semana Santa (holy week) so Bricios family is in town. His mom and dad are from San Fernando, Tamaulipas. They got baptized about a year ago and are preparing to be sealed. We are hoping they will be here next Sunday so that Bricio's dad can ordain him!
Francisca is still progressing and this week she confirmed that she will be baptized on the 9th of April! Yay! her original date was the 26th of March but she wants more time, but for sure she said she will do it the 9th. We are excited!
In other big news... In March the zone will have 7 baptisms and confirmations! That's the most the zone has had in one month in the past 2 years! Last July and April 2014 I think they also baptized 7. Next month we are hoping for at least 10! We just have to keep helping the investigators we have to progress and we should make that goal! We are super excited.
In the area we have had to drop lots of investigators and families that just have not been progressing :( Its always sad and hard to drop but its necessary.
This week will be our week of finding new people to teach, so pray for us! We need all the help we can get!
Thanks for your love and support and prayers! Love you all!
Elder Skalla
México Tampico Mission
"Sigamos el consejo de no sólo
hacer lo bueno sino esforzarnos
por ser buenos; no sólo hacer las
No comments:
Post a Comment