Image

Image

Monday, April 4, 2016

No Transfer!! Last 6 weeks!!!

Hey mom!

So the news you are waiting for (Unless Nax alread told you), Elder Tipton and I are staying together another change! So I guess we are either doing something right or doing something wrong haha. Hopefully the first! We are excited and ready to work our butts off these last 6 weeks. With the 3 changes in the office together and 3 changes in the field we will have been together a total of 9 months! Crazy! Its a miracle we havent gotten sick of eachother yet haha. 

Thats crazy you are going to dinner with the Tipton's tonight haha. I hope you have a great time. I am sure you will get along great haha. 

Its so weird reading about Kelsie and her family when I have no idea who she is. I am excited to meet them all though! 

Thanks for getting all of that stuff taking care of :) It will be nice not worrying about that these last 6 weeks! I cant believe its already here... 

Wow sounds like you do have a busy week! I hope everything goes well! I bet you are excited to have Brad home, haha It cant be easy having your two boys in weird foreign places. Soon you will have them both back, dont worry!

So about the area... We dropped almost all of our investigators and are trying to be more efficient about dropping and finding and dropping and finding and dropping and finding to not waste too much time with people that, unfortunately, will not progress. So we have found some seemingly good people this week! But about the investigators we are teaching...

Francisca: So we found out this week that Francisca actually has a husband (well not really) that she lives with and isnt married to! Apparantly he is like never home because he plays softball a lot and well she didnt want to tell us because she knew it wasn't right but she finally did and we are working with her so she can either get married or separate. The trick is he doesn't really want to get married and is already married with another woman, so he would need to get divorced first. So its all pretty crazy. But we have been helping her have the faith to make the correct decision and she went to the Sunday morning session of conference and the prophets talk was PERFECT for her and several other talks. She was crying and said she really, really liked it so hopefully that helped her. Pray for her!

Lesli: I dont know if I have said much about Lesli but she is a 20 year old with a 2 year old baby whose mom is a less active recent convert. Lesli never wanted to get baptized but about a month ago she talked to our ward mission leader and said she wanted to learn more and be baptized. We have been trying to help her but she hasn't been progressing much but the last two weeks she has gone to church and has been reading the scriptures so yay! It's a bit hard because she really doesnt understand very much but we are teaching her very simply and trying to help her understand the Book of Mormon. So little by little she is progressing! yay!

Bricio: Bricio is doing well. He went to both sessions of conference on Sunday and I think it was perfect for him. Especially all the talks about fathers! He is doing great and progressing. We are going to work on his family history this week so he and Dania can take names to the temple!

Roberto: We were finally able to teach him and he has read almost all of first Nephi and is doing great! The only problem is his boss won't give him Sundays off and none of his coworkers will trade shifts with him which is weird because normally everyone wants to work Sunday morning so they can go do stuff in the afternoon! But we are going to pray and fast lots with and for him so he can start coming to church. He is a great investigator and we dont want to lose him.

We had a zone council this week during our district class and we invited the assistants and Stake President and basically every area gave a report of what they have been doing in their area and what difficulties and stuff they have and we established a plan for the next few months. It was like a sort of mini mission council and it was very helpful. I think we will start doing it every month. President Flores is really awesome and is really willing to work with us and help resolve some of the difficulties in the wards that dont have much success.

On Friday we had mission council which was fun. It was nice to see all my friends. In two weeks the apostle is coming and the entire misison is coming to our stake center so we got assigned to set up and help the assistants manage everything and everyone. It should be a fun experience! 

I can't really think of anything else very exciting... I feel like you and Sister Tipton should exchange stories because my companion and I always leave the ciber and then say we forgot to write about a certain thing but the other one always writes it haha so together you have the whole story.

Hope you are all doing well! Love you lots!


Elder Skalla
México Tampico Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment