Image

Image

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Everyone shops at Walmart! And more pictures!!

Hi mom!

I'm glad you had fun on your trip! I bet you learned a ton!

This week has been good... Honestly the days and the weeks are starting to blur together and I have been bad at writing in my journal (I have a goal to write every day... not going too well yet but I am getting better!) so I don't remember a whole lot that happened this week but I will just start writing and see what I remember....

Oooh We have an investigator that is coming to church and has come to church every week for 4 weeks and is going to institute and she is amazing and learns so fast and is so hungry to learn and change and she is just GOLD but.... she doesn't live in our area haha. She lives in another stake but likes our ward but we have to pass her to the other missionaries. Her name is Teresa and she is awesome so pray for her :) 

We also have another investigator who we started officially teaching on Sunday. Her name is Aide and she has a 9 year old son, a 7 year old daughter, and a 3 year old daughter. We were in the house of a less active she and her friend came in and saw us and she started telling us how she wanted to change and be a better person and how she wants to be a better mom and help her family and that her friends and family had counseled her to look for a church and she said that she likes ours and how the members are and it calls her attention and wants to learn more :) Perfect!!! SO on Sunday we taught her at her house and she is super awesome and wants to learn and she accepted us really well. The only problem is that she works every day of the week but has just Sundays off, so she uses Sunday to do all her chores and shopping and spend time with her kids because she works from 8 am to 8 pm. But that's not a big deal, its just a change of habits and a bit of sacrifice :) So pray for her!

Also you can pray for Jesus (or Chucho) who is a 9 year old son of a less active sister who hasn't been baptized and we are working with him. We don't have much time to work in the area but we are trying haha.

We are actually making a lot of changes here in the offices and with the mission... I think Pres Ramirez is finally settled in and seeing what needs changed and where the problems are and now we are going into action haha. For example, whenever a missionary is sick and comes to Tampico to the hospital, he and his comp stay in our house. Whenever anybody every comes to Tampico (new missionary training, concilio, etc.) everybody sleeps in our house. The problem is that its 30 minutes away from the offices so we spend a lot of money on taxis and buses and stuff so now we found a house closer to the offices and we are going to live there with the assistants which should be fun. It's just like a 5 minute walk to the offices which is much better than 30-40 min in a bus every day haha. 

The only thing hard about being in the offices is that we are a bit closer to the world. Like we go to Walmart and stuff like that a bunch so I see all the posters of new movies and music and stuff that is out and I just have to stay focused haha. It's crazy how disconnected I have been. 

One thing I like is that I have seen lots of people from my old areas.. In Walmart this week I saw the bishop from Villa Cuahutemoc and his son which was awesome! Emilia is going to have a baby in November! I don't know if I told you.... He told me Norma is doing super well and is super active which makes me so happy because when I left she was really doubting about baptisms for the dead. Ismael is starting his papers! Keep praying for him he really needs it. His parents don't approve of him being Mormon and less going on a mission. Especially his dad. his mom doesn't really care that much but his dad... well doesn't respond very kindly about it. Keep him in your prayers. I actually saw Ismael last week I don't remember if I told you. And last Saturday in the temple I saw Esteban and everyone from Victoria. It was great. I will resend the pic.

Something funny that happened this week... On Tuesday I was going to take an elder to immigration to renew his visa and put fingerprints and stuff and I had everything all ready to go and... turns out I had to be in a meeting with a representative from the church in Mexico that came to talk to president and the financial secretary but he didn't tell us that he also wanted me to be there! So last minute I was all stressing out because I had to take this elder to immigration and I had to be in the meeting at the same time and immigration closes at 1 and the meeting was going to last a while and President said "well can the assistants go?" And I mean they don't really know at all how to do immigration and they were all nervous but I gave them a map and instructions and sent them off haha hoping they would be able to figure it out. Everything turned out fine but it was funny because they had no idea what they were doing and they were all nervous but it was fine haha.

Okay... I cant think off anything else to say... Love you lots!

Elder Skalla

 






 Elder Skalla ran into his friend from Victoria, Esteban at the temple in Tampico!!






No comments:

Post a Comment