Image

Image

Monday, September 7, 2015

Saturday is P-Day and Letter day now!! PICTURES!!

Hello!

Man it´s been almost two weeks since I wrote... There's a lot that has happened so forgive me if I forget anything! Thanks for the support and encouragement :) Love you lots!

So.... since last time I wrote a lot has happened...

Yes Elder Camarena and I (zone leaders) were split up... which was kinda complicated because every night we receive calls from the district leaders about the missionaries and their day and stuff and every other night we took turns so if anything happened a night that it wasn't my turn, I didn't know about it and the next day the district leader would have to explain it to me and it was all a big mess haha but its done now so its okay. I cant imagine how it was a few changes ago when ALL zone leaders were separated and the majority had either hard companions or were training! Crazy!

My whole last week in Flores I was with Elder V. On Monday we went to Esteban's house to celebrate Elder Camarenas' birthday which was fun. the rest of the week we were just working Elder V and I, which was very difficult. Things kinda deteriorated over time. in the beginning we were getting along well and he was happy (still set on going home, but happy) but over time he started getting more and more frustrated because president wouldn't let him go home when HE wanted to and so from there things just all went downhill. He didn't want to work or do anything difficult, he complained always, and when we taught the spirit was never there and you could just sense the hollowness in his words. Very sad. Sometimes I just wanted to tell him "Elder did you hear what you just said to that investigator? It's exactly what I and many other have been telling you for 2 weeks!" but he just never internalized it.  But it kinda helped me realize that things could be much worse and also be able to recognize when the Spirit is NOT in a lesson haha. I think I have just gotten so used to it that I started to think I wasn't feeling the spirit... until I really stopped feeling it! But through all those difficulties and challenges I learned a lot and people were blessed (one more testimony of the truth of patriarchal blessings!) On Sunday we had our first stake conference which was the first conference of the new stake which was cool. Still no bishop. But before the conference we found out the transfers. When I found out I was going to be secretary I just kinda felt...normal. I wasn't nervous or anything, it just felt right haha. I was surprised but... it felt right. On Monday I came to Tampico and started working! Here is a small list of the things I have to do (it grows every day as I find out new responsibilities!)

-Make sure every new foreign missionary gets their visa
-Renew visas for every missionary that fulfils 1 year
-Order proselyting materials and send them to the zones
-organize presidents calendar and put appointments and stuff like that
-pretty much anything else president tells me to do
-and lots of other things!

My main jobs are materials and visas but there are lots of other little jobs. My companion is the financial secretary and he basically manages all the finances of the mission. It's stressful and there is lots to do and we are in the offices all day but I like being busy all the time. It makes me feel useful haha. I always have something to do. We haven't had the chance to leave the offices and work yet but that is my goal. Organize myself well and get everything in order to be able to work in the area. It can be done but its hard. Elder Wagner, the last assistant, told me that that's what they want me to do. He said the office is like a black hole and if you´re not careful you can just get sucked in and never leave and work like most secretaries have done, but one of the reasons they chose me was so that I could organize myself and work, and make it easier for future secretaries to be able to work more as well... So that's my goal. Normally secretaries last 3 transfers in the offices but President Ramirez could change that so who knows. But I really like it do far. one part that is hard for me is that we don't really have many spiritual experiences. We don't get to study very often either so I just don't want to die spiritually haha. I am downloading some talks on audio so I can listen to them while I work but if anyone has any other ideas of ways to keep my spirit alive that would be great haha :)

I love it though and I am excited for the new challenges and new things to learn. Love you lots!

Elder Skalla

Elder Lopez (who Ryan trained) is now a District Leader

Elder Camarena had his birthday last Monday, we went to Esteban's house and ate fish :D yum!









These ones need some explanation!  Elder Camarena HATES Guayabas. Hates em! So for his birthday a member had given us little miniature cupcakes to my companion and I so we saved them for the next day and we brought them out after we ate. But then Esteban and I went to the kitchen to "put the candles in" and replaced the cupcakes with Guayabas and lit the candles and walked out singing happy birthday haha. It was funny.










Esteban started tickling us when he took the foto haha.

Elder Skalla will miss Esteban. They will be life long friends I think.


Familia Lopez Aleman. One of my favorite families in Flores :) 

Karina Lopez y su familia. Karina es hija de los otros. (hija means daughter)






No comments:

Post a Comment