Hi Mom!
Things are going well here in the office... I am learning a lot about what I have to do and how to do it. It's lots of work but I like it. I am always busy which is nice. I don't like not doing things haha. I don't remember which pictures I sent you but I don't think I sent you one of my companion... He is from Veracruz and his name is Elder Bis. I actually took his spot when I got to the mission haha. He was with Elder Flores in Villa Cuahutemoc and then when he left, I went there haha. He also started the mission there in Villa 6 months before I got there. He goes home in January. This is his last change in the offices so I will have a new companion next transfer. He's super fun and a great missionary. Its been fun being his companion and I`m excited to be with him for the rest of the transfer. It's actually really fun in the offices. We have a fun group and we get along really well and President Ramirez is really fun too. The only part I don't really like is that we don't really get to have spiritual experiences as much.... But I am sure they are out there we just have to look for them and make them happen. But... I remembered a few things I have been wanting to tell you that I have forgotten!
Remember all those amazing investigators I was telling you about in Miramar???? Pretty much all of them got baptized already!
Maria (Lulu) Got baptized and is now Ward Missionary, and the missionaries are teaching her daughters.
Angelica got baptized and is also Ward Missionary. I think her mom is being taught as well... I also saw her the day before yesterday! We were in the bus and we were almost at the stop we got off at and she came up to me and I was so excited it was crazy! She said that she had gotten baptized and that she is ward missionary and that she is doing great and is super happy and it was awesome! Unfortunately we had to get off but it was awesome seeing her! Tender mercies the Lord gives us. (Look, I found a spiritual experience haha)
Aldegunda and Mucio got baptized too! like 3 weeks ago I think...
And Ester as well! and her mom and sister are going to be baptized in 2 weeks! I am going to ask President permission to go to the baptism....we`ll see if he lets me or not haha.
Pamela and Edna moved to Valles which is another city in the mission. They are in Elder Tuellers ward. I`ve told you about Elder Tueller, right? He's one of my best friends in the mission. Hes in the one in the pic I sent you with the root beer haha. Speaking of pictures.... I lost my Camera :( Like 2 weeks ago in the Zone Leader Council meeting I left it on the bus on the way to Tampico from Victoria. We went back later and asked if they had found it but they didn't have it :( It didn't have too many pictures on it because I haven't taken many pics recently, but it had all the pictures I had taken with the zone in our last zone meeting that I still hadn't sent you. So I am going to look for another camera or if you think its easier/cheaper to send me a new one. Whatever you want haha but I'm sure you want pictures. I haven't been taking many pictures because my last area wasn't the safest area in the world so I just didn't like taking it out of the house but now we are in a super safe area and in the offices all the time so I'm not worried about it. Also I was gonna ask for a package... All my stuff is starting to get old and fall apart haha. Especially my pants. I lost one pair somehow, the blue ones, I don't know where they went, and I hardly ever use the khaki and brown ones because I honestly don't really like them (sorry, but I stand out like a sore thumb in em!) so I only wear them when the rest are dirty. So I was wondering if you could send me new pants. My favorites are the grey ones, but black is okay too. Maybe like 2 grey ones a black one and a blue one. A few new short sleeve shirts would be nice too. Just like 2 or 3. My waist size is 34/32. And most of the pants I have are really baggy in the legs. If you can find some that aren't so baggy that would be great. Not super tight either haha. I have one pair of grey ones that are my favorites... On the waste it says "Phillip St. John, World Traveler, Size 34R Cut MC466 60% Wool 40% Polyester. They are the most comfortable and the least baggy and they are perfect. I wear them as much as possible haha. So if you can find those or something similar that would be awesome but if not that's okay. Whatever most convenient for you. Or you can just send me money and I can buy some pants and shirts and a camera here. Whatever you want. I'm the guy that goes to get the mail now so I will get packages much faster haha. But that's all I need. My shoes are fine, my socks are fine... I cant think of anything else I might need. So maybe that can be an early Christmas present haha.
I also saw Ismael the day before yesterday!!! Elder Bis and another elder were outside the offices sweeping I think and I was inside and Elder Bis called and told me to come outside and Ismael was there :D It was great to see him. He is doing well. He already completed a year in the church and wants to go on a mission but his family doesn't really support him so the stake pres told him no. i don't really know what in the world the stake president was thinking because there are lots of missionaries who don't have the support of their parents and if he was talking about Financial support, that shouldn't be a problem.... I am gonna try and investigate the situation a bit more and see how I can help him out. he was pretty bummed about it because since he got baptized we have been preparing him for the mission.
I cant really think of anything else to say but I love you lots and hope you have a great time in Europe and take lots of pictures! Love you!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment