Hi mom!
Elder Skalla
Haha sorry P-Day got changed... You can keep writing me on Monday if its easier for you... I will just check it Saturday and write you on Saturday. It doesn't make a huge difference.
Thanks for the package! I have only seen one occasion of having to pay for a package while I have been here in the offices and it was like 900 pesos (70-80 dollars) and we had to call the mom and she sent money to her son. But just send it normal so it isn't a hassle. The best way is through US Mail. It always gets here and we never have to pay. Have you sent it to DHL before? You probably know more than me about this haha. You do what you think is best and if I have to pay, I am here to do it haha.
Sorry you got sick :( but I am glad you got better. I bet its weird having jet lag... I'm pretty sure I´ll have something similar when I get home haha... Mission lag! I am so tired all the time haha but somehow I still have just enough energy to make it through one more day haha... Being in the offices is more tiring than I thought! All the missionaries that have to stay the night in Tampico sleep in our house and this week 3 nights in a row we had a different group of elders haha. First a group of like 3 new missionaries and their trainers, then 5 new ones and their trainers, and then 20 zone leaders haha. Pretty crazy. Its super fun though. But afterwards I just want to sleep. :D
We also had to move our house this week haha... We have been planning to move for a few weeks because president wants us closer to the offices and we thought we had found a house and so we told our landlord that we were going to leave by the end of the month but then the other house fell through so we had to have an emergency move to a house close to our other one that was desoccupied. (The word in Spanish is disoccupado so he is speaking Spanglish!!) It used to be a house for sisters so its really nice haha but it was stressful moving our 10 bunk beds and all the other junk and then cleaning the house and getting everything all organized in the other one in the day before a wave of missionaries was gonna come. Its a whole new kind of adventure here in the offices... I will have lots of stories to share when I get back haha.
I loved the first session of conference! Its a bit of a bummer though because we have to watch it in Spanish. I guess a stake president called President Ramirez and complained because the American elders always go to a separate room and watch conference and the members feel bad or something dumb. I don't understand it but oh well. At least I understand everything but its just not the same in a language that isn't your own. I will be watching it in English as soon as its available haha.
About how to advise me about the babies.... Ummmm Well you can´t really call the offices because the majority of the time I am the only one that speaks English here haha and I don't want that kind of temptation. Don't write to my secretary email either! But its fine I can just wait til Saturday... or you can email Sister Ramirez and she can show me the pictures or something haha. Just don't write or call the offices. :D love you haha but that's just hard.
Apart from moving and all the other craziness that happened this week... everything has been great. I am happy in the offices and I love serving the missionaries. I realized that it doesn't matter if I am serving members and investigators or if I am serving missionaries, in the end I am serving the Lord and that's what matters, and I am happy.
My favorite talks from the morning session were Pres. Uchtdorfs' and Elder Lawrence. Lots of things I needed to hear :)
Love you lots! I will send a few pictures... they are a bit crazy though haha... last week we made a PowerPoint to show the new missionaries about different rules and standards called Correcto/Incorrecto haha so we got to mess around a little bit. Ill send the pics.
Love you!
Elder Skalla










No comments:
Post a Comment