Man didn't I just barely write you all yesterday? This week went by way fast! I guess that´s what happens sometimes. I don´t really like how fast the time is starting to go. Its better not to think about it haha.
Yes the area is very pretty! Every time my feet start to hurt I just look up at the mountains and smile and think about how much I missed them when I got to Mexico :) One of my personal goals since I got here to the mission has been "No te quejes" or "Don't complain!" because of a little thing that Elder Flores had. I was good at it for a while but I noticed recently that I have started complaining about different things whether in my head or out loud and I'm trying to recognize the things I complain about and stop. Everything is better when we don't complain :)
Yes Elder Merling was here (he started here) in Victoria but not in Flores. A different ward in the city. There are 2 stakes here so its pretty big.
Haha ya don't worry there lots of ¨mom-isms¨ that run through my head from time to time haha. I guess that means you did a good job? haha.
Don´t worry about packages. I don't really need anything honestly... Instead you can give referrals to the missionaries and help them out or something haha.
Yes I saw the video. We are getting special pass along cards this week to give to everybody that has the link to the video and stuff like we did with the He is the Gift. I'm glad its blowing up!. Its now I wish we had tablets because pretty much nobody has Internet and I want people to see it.
I should probably start writing in my journal more often to have things to send you... The things you would think are funny I am used to by now I think. Lots of drunk people that come up to us asking for us to preach them the ¨palabra de Dios¨ haha so we just carry around lots of Word of Wisdom pamphlets to give out haha. The drunks are harmless, though, don't worry haha.
The members here a great. Few, but great. Right now we don't have a bishop because he got called to the stake presidency because they split the stake a month ago. We only have a few active families, like 3. The other side of the ward has everyone haha. But the ones that are active are great. I will try and note down some cool or funny stories this week so I have more to say next week haha.
I will tell you about one investigator we have that I am excited about!
Last Sunday we were walking (hiking) around looking for a reference and a kid that was sitting on a rock smoking helped us out and then he asked us ¨What are you doing here??" (We get that a lot because we are two white guys haha) and so we started talking to him a bit. Turns out he is 15 years old (looks like 20) and he has a baby (3 months) but the mom of the baby and her family don't want anything to do with him. Before the baby he did drugs but stopped when the baby was gonna come but then started over again after the mom didn't want anything to do with him and some other family problems. We gave him a pamphlet of Word of Wisdom and the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptisms, Holy Ghost, Endure) and got his address and put an appointment for the next day. The next day we went and he lives in a place we had never been before and it was taking us a while to find him and we thought he had given us the wrong address but after asking the right people we found his house. He had already left because we were 30 minutes late but he WAS waiting for us. We told his grama, who he lives with, that we would come back the next day. So we went back on Tuesday and he was there waiting for us. He had already read both pamphlets, which is unfortunately unusual. He said he didn't understand much but that he wanted to learn more. He has never been to church and doesn't know much at all about God or Christ, but we talked about Faith in Christ, Repentance, and Baptism and put a baptism date with him for May 16th which he accepted and said he was going to come to church on Sunday and we put an appointment for Saturday. So we went Saturday with a member and he wasn't there :( but the good news was that after our visit he went and got a job. Improvement, no? (I love the Spanish he puts into the English) and we taught his aunt. She said he would remind him to go to church IF he didn't have to work and gave us her number because he doesn't have one. So we were expecting him on Sunday but he never showed up :( We think he had to work but we are going to try and get in touch with him. Keep him in your prayers. his name is Dan. The good news is that there is a brother in our ward willing to employ him so he wont have to work Sundays :D We are excited for him so pray for him!
Well that's all the time I've got. Love you and thanks for writing!
I took some money out of my card to buy some things I have been needing.
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment