Image

Image

Monday, March 2, 2015

Grasshoppers for snacks! Video to prove it!

Haha I thought you would like the pigs! There are tons here haha its crazy...

Sounds like you had a good week. I loved those qoutes from Stake Conference! 

No way Brittany is engaged! That was quick!!!  Did she know the guy before the mission??? Weird. Really weird my friends are engaged!
Glad to hear Natalie is doing so great! What song did you send her?  (Help Me Teach with Inspiration) 

When we saw the movie at the end it sounds like its him singing but maybe not.... He has a bit of a girly voice. But if you can find it great if not thats fine. Try searching Glorioso instead of Glorious. But if you can find the hymns that he sang in Spanish that would be awesome :) Haha music is my way to relax thats why I always ask for music haha. 

So Meet the Mormons is in theaters and they are charging for the tickets but the only place there is a theater is in Tampico and the people there can afford it. I don't think Pres will let us take investigators to a theater to see it anyway. We aren't sure but we think president is going to give us a disc to play it in the chapel and bring investigators and stuff but we aren't sure. 

Haha if you don't want me to open the package I wont haha. (His birthday package!)

I did get the videos of Addie! Cute! She is too big! And Tate, typical boy getting into trouble. Funny story! I can watch videos here so send em :) 

Yah I am super excited to go do this Cause for Hope thing honestly. Sounds like its gonna be cool!

This week was normal. The work is kinda hard here in Panuco. The area is small and the members dont give us referals very much and they alway flake out last minute when we invite them to appointments and stuff. We had a ward activity two weeks ago and nobody showed up. Kinda rough but we are working on it. We are going to focus on converting the "active" members and the less actives first so we can have a converted branch and then work on bringing in converts and inactives. When we baptize and the ward isnt converted, the converts go inactive in less than a year. So we are working but its slow progress... Any ideas are welcome!

We have an investigator that is progresing... The wife of the second counsel in the branch presidency. Her whole family is a member but she hasnt been baptized. She has been attending church for two years and just hasnt made the decision. A few weeks ago we put a date for her the 28th of march and she accepted and is still excited for it and is super prepared! keep her in your prayers! her name is Blanca. 

According to Elder Lopez 6 of the investigators we taught there are going to be baptized! I will let you know if they keep progressing. I am excited for the progress of that ward!

Oh and yah I did eat the grasshopper. I was the first one to eat one and I didnt want to eat another one when everyone else was doing it for the video haha. but I did eat one! they taste bad and its leg got stuck in my throat! Gross! But ya "that" missionary that eats them like snacks is my companion haha. Apparently they taste good to him. Wierdo. Haha we are gettting a long well and I am learning a lot from him, I am loving my area and the mission. Love you!

Elder Skalla









No comments:

Post a Comment