Transferred......
Man I cant believe I got transferred already! I love Panuco and on Sunday Blanca told us she was ready for her baptism so she is going to be baptized in 2 weeks! Elder Arvizu and I had a lot of success there and I feel like we were great companions. I definitely learned a lot from him and I hope he learned a bit from me as well. I was honestly shocked last night when I saw the changes because it never crossed my mind that I would be transferred. Especially opening area because usually president leaves them there together for two changes when missionaries open an area. And no its pretty normal that there are 2 senior companions actually. I thought it was weird too but it happens a lot. Who knows why... But now..... I am in Ciudad Victoria! Its the capital of Tamaulipas and like 3 hours way from Tampico! And there are mountains! I'm so excited to see mountains! The ward is Barrio Flores. I am in Flores B with Elder Durrant from Boise! He has like 3 months less than me I think and he's awesome. He is from Kuna, Idaho which is close to Meridian apparently. He's a great kid and I am excited to be his companion. He struggles a bit with the Spanish but from what I have seen in the hour that we have known each other, he is an awesome missionary and I am excited to have the opportunity to work with him. I have been saying I want to have an American for a while because I can understand better their problems and how to help them better! I'm excited for the time we have together...
Other big news... My trainer, Elder Flores, is the new assistant! He will do a great job.
Sounds like crazy what happened to brad in the airport. Venezuela is a bit crazy right now, right? (a crazy lady started shouting anti-American stuff 30 minutes from landing in Miami. She was escorted in handcuffs off the plane and Brad missed his connecting flight )
I honestly don't have a whole lot to tell you because this whole week we have been looking for a house to live in. We have been looking the whole change but haven't found anything in our area so this week president gave us permission to look outside the area but that if we didn't find a house by Saturday he was going to close the area again! So we stopped teaching and started finding a house and Saturday afternoon we found one. So Thursday, Friday and Saturday all we did was look for a house. I wish there was craigslist or something similar here because it is super hard to find a house to rent here! But we found one so that's good. They are gonna keep searching for a house that is in their area but... there aren't many haha.
I am excited for this new are and new companion and new part of my mission. Even though I was only in Panuco a short time, I really did love it. And I loved my companion too. I feel like we helped each other a lot in the short time we were together.
I will send some more pictures this week!
Love you,
Elder Skalla
Panuco Zone
Elder Skalla....
Elder Arvizu
Pretty sure those are his "good Sunday shoes"
No comments:
Post a Comment