(this stems from an inside family joke)
The pics of the Sacred Grove! It is a painting in the stake center here and I love it! If you look real close on the right hand side you can see Joseph Smith kneeling and if you look close on one of the trees there are the initials J.S. engraved. I love that painting!
Conference was awesome! And we got to watch it in English! Elder Durrant and I and Elder Forbes, one of the Zone Leaders, watched it together in the bishops office haha. It was fun. The last session we watched half in Spanish because the bishopric was doing their tri-mesteral report or something so we couldn't be in the office :( but it was okay because we watched the 2 Seventy's that spoke in Spanish in Spanish so that was fun. One of them has a weird accent that was fun trying to understand haha. But I understood everything, its just so much better in your own language. I loved when President Uchtdorf started talking in German haha. so funny. Did you guys notice that there were people who opposed the prophet, the first presidency, the apostles, and the seventy!?!?!?! how sad. Has that ever happened before? Oh and 3 cool places for temples! I bet Carol is happy!
I loved all the conference talks! Like I told Brad and Dad, It meant more to me this time because I came prepared with questions, and then afterwards I made a list of things that I am going to change after hearing the conference, like Elder Nelson asked us. I loved it all!
Sounds like you all had a fun Easter!
Thanks for the birthday gift of sharing the gospel! Barbie sounds like she has been prepared a lot and this could be her time to accept the gospel. Yay! If not, she is one step more prepared! I will pray for her. Don't think you´re done yet though, you still have more Amiga's that are being prepared as we speak!
Tell my brother Bigfoot he needs to shave his beard! haha....
So I have a few stories for ya! One funny and one about investigators!
The funny one... The day finally came... a day that I have been dreading my entire mission, but surprised that it still hadn't come. The day someone gave me milk. I have made the goal to not refuse anything anyone offers me as long as it wont kill me, and I have overcome a lot of my old pickiness, so I thought maybe milk would be no match for me. I was wrong :( first of all the milk here in Mexico is EVEN WORSE than at home! On par with Sintons, I would say. But I did it. I drank the whole glass. I wasn't happy about it, but I drank it and I didn't throw up. I never want to do it again. I have changed a lot, but some things just don't change haha.
Now about our investigator... We found a new less active (inactive member) last week! His name is Adalberto (or Beto for short). And guess where he was baptised? IN GREELEY, COLORADO! Weird right? And he is just awesome. He wants to reactivate and he is keeping his commitments of reading and stuff, just didn't come to church this week :( BUT the best part is that his girlfriend isn't a member but is pretty much Golden! We taught her last week and she accepted a baptism date and she has a Book of Mormon and she is just awesome. But... They aren't married. And that wouldn't be a problem because they want to get married. But... Beto is already married, but separated. Where does his wife live? IN COLORADO! So if he wants to get divorced he has to go all the way to Colorado to do it! Which is a bummer. But we are going to fast and pray with them so that they can figure something out! But they are great people and I hope we can get through this little obstacle. Pray!
Well that's all I have to say. Love you lots and miss you! Be good! Enjoy not melting like I am! haha love you!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment