Image

Image

Monday, September 29, 2014

Cambio's and Pictures!!

Looks like you are all having fun in St. George. Tate and Adalynn are getting bigger and bigger and cuter and cuter. Adalynn has a ton of hair! The baptism went really well. Not as well as we wanted because there was a Relief Society broadcast in Tampico (You know, that General Women's Broadcast haha)  so there was only one sister from the relief society but Norma knew that before, so she wasn't bothered by it! 

Brad told me he was excited for when I'm a trainer or district leader or zone leader so he could send me stuff to teach the missionaries. I Say send them now because I feel like there's a ton I don't know and I need him to teach me things to me, the new missionary haha! I feel like Ive learned so much but there is still so much I have to learn to be able to be the best missionary I can be. The pen is from our Zone Leaders. They have been making them since the beginning of this transfer in the little moments of free time they have haha. The "Young Man" from the pizza is Ismael haha. He brought a pizza to the chapel when we were going to teach him.

Transfers came yesterday and they were pretty crazy. Elder Flores is going to be Zone Leader in Zona Ampliacion. He's pretty nervous, but he will be great. Before training me he was just a normal missionary, the next transfer he trained, the next district leader, and the next zone leader haha. My new companion is Elder Arcela. He is from Peru and has 2 transfers left in the mission, so I'm pretty sure I am only going to be here in Villa one more cambio because I doubt they would whitewash the area with the success we are having. I have a lot of things I still need to do here before I leave... 

Elder Arcela is district leader. This is his second time being district leader.  Everyone I have talked to that knows him says that I will have to work hard, be patient, and be obedient. We will see how it goes. When we were at the bus station waiting for transfers, Elder Flores trainer was there so I got to meet my "Grandpa" Elder Bartchi. He is from Utah and has 2 or 3 more transfers left. 

The car is pretty cool huh? Its a Renault haha. We pass by the car almost every week or more on the way to church but I have never noticed it until now!

This week was pretty interesting. On Wednesday we did Super Divisions again and I was in Barrio Union with Elder Juarez. I ate Manta Ray! No joke! Its called Salpicón. I ate that twice this week. On Friday we did divisions and I was in my area with Elder Ortega from Pueblo. On Saturday we had the baptism of Norma and on Sunday she was confirmed. She was a little late to sacrament meeting (naturally, we are in Mexico) and walked in right as they were announcing her name to be confirmed haha. We were nervous she wasn't going to come!  We had 20 less actives in church today which was great! If we can have a few more active families in this ward, it would be a miracle! Later Sunday came the transfer calls and after that we went and visited some of the families Elder Flores was close to (investigators and recent converts) and took pictures and all that. This Wednesday I will send them because its easier to do it with Wifi.  (Pics below)

Austin is already married? The punk hasn't written to me since I wrote him about being engaged haha. He was dating her when I was there but then they broke up and got back together when I got here. Weird that he's married... Mexico Independence Day was different, but nothing crazy. The whole plaza in Pueblo Viejo is decorated and there were fireworks that night but nothing super crazy....

Looks like I just have 6 weeks left here in Puebl Viejo. I have loved my time here and I will take advantage of every minute I have left here. 

Oh, I tried using my card to buy groceries today because our money doesn't come until Wednesday and I'm out (We have to spend more money on taxis with the bigger area... we are gonna call the secretaries about that...) but it didn't work.  Idk if the bank rejected it or what happened but I will find a way to buy my groceries haha, don't worry. Have fun and enjoy conference in English while I am battling to understand it in Spanish haha!

Love you!

Elder Skalla
 Ismael brought pizza to the church!


 Norma's Baptism





 New Companion, Elder Arcela from Peru
Ryan says he feels like a GIANT!

This is the Church in his area

No comments:

Post a Comment