Sounds like you are all doing great. The stories of Adalynn and Tate always make me smile :) I am glad to ear that James did well with his talk! He has been in my prayers and I am sure he will do awesome.
I'm so happy to hear that Amanda got baptized! Please do everything you can to support the missionaries. I never realized how much the missionary work depends on the members. We don't have time to do everything that needs to be done and if the members helped us just a bit more the work would go forward so much faster! Not just 18 year old boys are called to be missionaries, all of us are commanded and have the responsibility to share the gospel and support the missionaries. So do what you can to be a strong support for our missionaries :)
On Monday we went all the way to the extreme of our area to visit an old investigator named Jaime. He's an interesting guy but is interested in the gospel and we actually were able to put a baptism date with him, which the other Elders never did. He has a lot of different beliefs about God and about people and how if there really was a church on the earth of God that it would be perfect, which is true, but he also expects the members of the church to be completely perfect and for these reasons he doesn't think there is a true church. He told us that when he reads the Book of Mormon, it's more like reading Harry Potter. We had a good lesson with him about how to really read the Book of Mormon and have a mindset of why it IS true more than why it's NOT true and he said that that made sense. We can't teach him very often because it takes like 2 hours total to get there, teach, and come back.
On Tuesday we had splits with 2 elders from Anahuac. I stayed in the area and worked with Elder Escobar. He is from El Salvador. I like doing divisions and meeting other elders and getting to know other areas so, so far its been good to have my companion as District Leader haha.
The rest of the week was pretty much normal. Thursday I was working in the area Union in Tampico for the morning while Elder Flores was at a training meeting for leaders. I worked with the other DLs companion in our zone.
Saturday we had the Baptismal Interviews for Leo, Mari, and Brandon. They went really well and we are looking forward to their baptisms this Saturday! I will send pictures!
Are you posting my letters on my facebook every week? If not you should do that so more of my friends can see them. I think I have a few friend requests too from people here. You can accept them when I leave this area.
I forgot to tell you last week, but yes I did play Mas Cerca Dios De Ti in Sacrament meeting haha. Elder Flores and I were at church early and my goal is to learn a new hymn every transfer so I was practicing and the bishop walked in and heard me playing and the next thing I knew the opening hymn was announced with me playing the piano! It was hard to play with other people singing, especially when they don't sing very well and don't know the real tune because they never have a piano. It's kinda funny singing here because we don't have a pianist and they just make up the tunes haha. The bishop made me play it again this Sunday to start the 3rd hour meeting and I did better that time haha.
I guess I will survive without clippers if you cant have them shipped to the mission office. I think the address you sent me is right... I have two addresses one is for the PO box and the other is the actual mission office and I think the one you sent me is the best one. My zone is really close to the mission office so it should get here fairly quickly.
Thanks for writing!
Love you!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment