Image

Image

Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference

Hello!

Sounds like you guys had a crazy week! Mine was pretty uneventful. Its hard adjusting to a new companion and its insanely stressful being the only one who knows the area at all. I have never really ever been one to stress out much, but here its hard not too! I´m not gonna lie and say that my companion is the greatest in the world or anything, but I´ll just say it will take a bit of getting used to. Elder Flores and I got along so well because we both had the same vision and we were really good friends, and through that unity we had a lot of success in the area. Elder Arcela and I just still haven't clicked yet. I'm working on it though... 

Conference was great but a little weird. We got to the chapel at like 10:30 and just the bishop and his son was there, and then they left to go get the projector and didn't get back till 11:15 and nobody else had gotten there so my companion and I were watching it on the computer in the office haha. Later we got the projector all hooked up and a few more people showed up but there was hardly anybody at the first session. At the second there was one more family and a few came for the priesthood session. We were listening in Spanish with English subtitles haha. It made me have to pay more attention but I couldn´t take notes because I would miss a part if I looked away. When the speakers spoke in Spanish I listen without the subtitles and I actually understood pretty much all of it, but I still like English better haha. I am excited to get the Liahona in November so I can read and study them more. I loved the sessions on Saturday the most! Basic doctrine and things we need to be doing that we just aren't doing. I loved a lot of the talks but I cant remember very well who said what. Remember the Elder Hamula from the seventy in the Sunday morning session? His son was in my Zone in the MTC haha. I loved the talk about Joseph Smith and about the Sacrament by the Sister. I have never liked a talk by a sister more than that one haha. I also liked the one who spoke about daily prayer, scripture study, FHE, and temple assistance. Im not going to say anything about not making me watch conference, but we still hardly ever did FHE... just sayin haha. Also the one who spoke about the apostles who said "Is it I, Lord?". That one really made me think... I am here in Mexico teaching these people and I don't even understand very well the Doctrine and I don't/didn't even keep all of these commandments... I also liked President Monson's during the priesthood session and David A Bednar's in the Sunday Afternoon. I will tell you later which ones I liked the most when the Liahona comes haha. 

I will keep grama in my prayers! Crazy hail storm for sure! Will insurance pay for repairs or what? Oh yah and I was worried during conference if they were going to announce that Pres. Monson had some sort of health issue during one of the talks on Sunday I cant remember which but about following the prophet no matter what state or condition they are in. I also loved the story about the sister who wrote the GA and asked what she could do because she was a member and her husband isn't and he said to be patient and kind and after 12 years of waiting, he got baptized a month later haha. I loved this because Norma and Emilia were there and both their husbands aren't members and Norma is and Emilia is getting baptized the 18th and they both told me they felt like it was directed at them and it was just great!

Think harder about everyone you could possibly send the gospel to! I don't think I have anything else... Things are going well here in Mexico... Love you lots!

Elder Skalla

Watching Conference with Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment