The Tampico Mexico Mission with Elder Rasband
Hey mom!
Wow! This week was kinda crazy! First of all thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was great! Bricios family spoiled us and made it a really great day! I am so full of cake though! We took the leftovers home and now I am a bit sick of cake haha.
The video was really nice. I´m not going to lie it was a tad bit weird with everyone saying see you soon and it was kinda hard but it was good other than that... Just took a while to re-focus is all. But I really appreciate it. 😀 Don't think I am not excited or happy to come home... Its just different. Its hard to explain. I miss you all and love you all but I will only be a missionary once and now its almost over and I will have the whole rest of my life to be with my family, but only a short time to represent Christ and be a missionary. I have a poem that President Doman gave me in the MTC. I will send it to you in the next 2 weeks. It explains my feelings pretty well haha.
Nax is getting better, but she is still really worried about it. Don't worry, we already gave her a blessing. She loves you a lot and loves talking to you. We will have to skype them when i get home!
Other than my birthday nothing super exciting happened... We did divisions with some elders in the zone and that was fun. Leslie had her baptism interview on Saturday and is going to be baptized this Friday! Yay! Elder Tipton is going to baptize her 😀. She has made so many big changes and is really excited to be baptized and the gospel has and will continue to bless her so much.
Roberto went to a baptism on Saturday that the other elders in the ward had. He liked it a lot and said he was going to come to church on Sunday, but never showed up. He doesn't have a cell phone so we cant really communicate him but the RS president works with him and is going to find. But unfortunately his Baptism date fell and wont be able to get baptized until after I leave :(
Margarita also couldn't go to church, and also wont get baptized til after I leave :( She had to go to the hospital because of a surgery she is going to have in a few weeks. But the rule is they have to have at least 4, preferably 5 attendances in a row to church before getting baptized. But eventually they will be baptized so I am OK with it.
We are still looking really hard for investigators but everyone we have found hasn't progressed and we have had to drop or have been dropped by lots of our investigators. Its been a hard couple of weeks but we aren't discouraged yet and will keep on workin and we know we will find someone soon that will progress and be baptized.
Thanks for all the love and support and prayers! I don't know what I would do without it!
Love you!
Love you!
Elder Skalla

No comments:
Post a Comment