Image

Image

Monday, May 2, 2016

Heatwave in Tampico....snowing in Colorado

Hello!

Don't worry, I will write next Monday as well haha... Not much, but I will... And I definitely want to skype you, why wouldn't I? I mean ya it will be weird because we will see each other a week later but its mothers day and I want to see you! I have 50 minutes so don't worry about that :) After all its for you, not for me! i will probably call around 4 our time... All 14 of us in the zone have to call the same day in the same chapel so we volunteered to be last... sorry! 

Leslie's baptism went great! She was super nervous and really dramatic about it haha but that's just her personality. She was confirmed on Sunday and it was really great :) Her baby was also blessed on Sunday so double fun! 

I am honestly a teeny bit jealous that you have snow and I hope it lasts til I get home! At least just a bit! But then after that I hope it is warm haha. I am sick of the warm already haha it is so hot here! We are dying but its ok. It will just get hotter from here... I admit I am glad I don't have to endure ANOTHER Tampico Summer haha. 

Okay that is CRAZY that David is getting married! Good for him, but CRAZY!!! I hope they do well together.  Good for them. I'm happy for Rebecca! Even though I still think of her as a 6 year old in my head haha. 

This week was a bit crazy with preparations for Leslie's baptism and then on Friday in the morning we had Mission Council, so that's where all those pics are from. Probably the last time I will see a lot of those missionaries, especially the Latin ones. 

This week can be defined by 3 words... HOT, SWEATY and TIRED! Haha since we are kind of dropping all of our investigators that aren't progressing, we are just spending most of our time contacting and finding, which is always a brutal process. Its nice when we actually have people to teach because we can break up the hours of brutal heat and finding with teaching appointments, but went here are no appointments, its just straight hours under the sun! But its fun and its the heart of missionary work and I love it. But there is nothing more tiring. And especially with this heat we have had this week it has been brutal, but always rewarding. We have found a few new investigators with some potential.

Roberto didn't come to church... again. So who knows when or if he will be baptized. he is a great guy but its just so hard with him because he doesn't have a dang cell phone haha. I'm going to buy him one before I leave :p

Margarita went to church. We are hoping she fulfills her baptism date of may 14th... The only thing she needs is to decide! So please pray for her! We visit her Thursday and if she decides to be baptized the 14th her interview will be this Saturday. I hope she says yes because we have worked so much with her and we don't really know what to do if she doesn't want to get baptized... We have taught EVERYTHING haha. She just needs to take a step of faith :)

I am doing well. I am incredibly tired almost always but on borrowed strength I get through each day haha. There is a wise purpose behind only serving 2 years. I know if I was asked to serve more I could but man am I worn out! Physically, mentally and spiritually. But I guess that's the point, work hard and use all your energy so that at the end you have nothing left to give. so i will keep giving my all every day. I keep learning and remembering every day how much I rely on the Lord and his strength. I just finished Alma and reading the war chapters I always love when it says "In the strength of the Lord" and it is so true haha. So, In the strength of the Lord I am going to work my bum off these last two weeks.

Tomorrow I go to the temple with my generation, we have a lunch together and then a self-reliance training. Wednesday is my exit interview with president... Then next week on Sunday at 6:00 Elder Tipton will drop me off at the mission home and I will have dinner with president and Sister Ramirez and my generation, we will have a testimony meeting and then early Monday morning we will go to the airport. My flight leaves at 7 and the rest of the missionaries leave at 6 so I will be alone with president waiting for an hour haha so that will be interesting.

Keep me in your prayers! I need it now more than ever! Love you! See you next week!


Elder Skalla
México Tampico Mission




























No comments:

Post a Comment