Image

Image

Monday, April 18, 2016

Elder Rasband Visits!!

Hi mom! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Don't worry, I have had enough big birthdays in the past to compensate for two mission birthdays! Plus its the last time I will ever have a birthday as a missionary so I'm sure I will enjoy it! And about afterwards... well we´ll just wait to talk about that til after I´m released haha.

I am super jealous of your snow storm! I wish I could be there! Not really but I wish it could be snowing when I get home in May! That would be cool :p

Yay for going out with the missionaries! I´m sorry the investigator wasn't there :( make sure to let the missionaries know you are still willing to go out with them haha or ask them to let you know when they have a return appointment so they don't feel too bad! Sometimes its discouraging bringing members to appointments and the investigators aren't there!

Nax showed me the pics and videos of the snow and playing with Tate! Looks like fun! I was surprised that Brad wasn't wearing my blue coat!

We are going to eat with Nax on Wednesday so I am guessing they have something planned haha. Hopefully not too much! I´m not here to party... But a little cake and celebration won't hurt haha.

This week was kinda weird. We had lots of weird circumstances and meetings and we didn't have as much time to work as we would have liked but it was still a great week in which we learned a lot and made lots of progress! I will talk about a few of our progressing investigators... still haven't found anyone new that seems like they have lots of potential, but the ones we have already found are starting to progress!

Lesli: We finished teaching all of the lessons this week and she will have her baptismal interview this coming Saturday! She keeps surprising us and coming to church on her own and she is learning and making great changes! She should be baptized the 29th :) 

Margarita: Doing really well as well! We finished all the lessons and have been going over some stuff we have already taught. She is doing well and should be good for her date on the 14th of may. My last Saturday in the mission! Crazy!

Roberto: Roberto finally came to church! We have been waiting more than a month for that! Woooo! He is doing great and fulfilling all his commitments and we only have to teach him tithing and fast offerings and he is ready to be baptized! He still has to attend church a few more times so his date is also the 14th of May! He loved church and looks forward to coming the next few weeks! Yay! It will be cool having two baptisms my last day in the mission...

We are working hard and seeing miracles in the zone and the area... I will admit it is hard to focus and work hard but I am doing okay still. Keep me in your prayers! Love you lots!

oops!! Forgot to talk about the best part of the week! Elder Rasband!

Elder Tipton and I were in charge of helping the assistants and secretaries do crowd control, mainly because it was our chapel and we have a bit of experience from already being in the offices. So we got there at 7 and they have been cleaning and preparing the stake center for the past 2 weeks for this so it was all really nice and they even brought sofas and made a little lounge out of the high council room. We had to set up the stand for the photo and get everyone seated in their zones and it was crazy because the whole mission got there at once haha. It was a good thing we had backup! We got almost everybody seated and quiet and more were on their way in when the power went out! So everyone started freaking out and we had to get everyone calm again and figure out the power situation haha which was crazy... The maintenance people came and brought a generator in. So after that we had to order everyone on the stands for the foto but not everyone fit so we had to use chairs and crazy stuff for people to stand on haha but eventually we got everyone in! Elder Rasband pulled up and said hi to us all. sat down and took the picture. Then we all walked in to the sacrament room and we all got to shake his hand which was cool. There was a church photographer there and she took a pic of me shaking his hand so I hope I get to see that... The meeting was really cool. He talked about how we are all called to serve where the lord wants us to serve, from the mission to the very area and companion and investigators we have. It was really cool. but I will have to share more what he talked about next week because I don't have much time. Remind me! Love you!


Elder Skalla
México Tampico Mission


Mission Council with Elder Valenzuela of the Seventy



Edgar, the investigator Elder Zufelt and I were teaching in the offices, 
got baptized a few weeks ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment