Image

Image

Monday, January 25, 2016

Things are changing here in Chairel! And PICTURES!!

Hi mom! Yay Broncos!!! Haha I actually found out this morning because Bricio is a big football fan and we saw him this morning so he told me haha. He has a manning broncos jersey! He is the federal cop in the pictures so no he isnt a member. Almost! We are working on that!

Gregor Kreutz is going on a mission!?! did you tell me that already? If so I forgot haha. oops- But good for him! That's awesome! Where is he going?? And Elder Gilbert is married since when!!?? Send pics! That's awesome! That will be fun to go to dinner with them. Tell them I say hi! And has Schoepfles mom progressed at all or is she still not a member?

That's a bummer about McCall :( But that's true that there is something better out there for her. The mission isn't for everyone I have learned. Sounds like the same kind of blessing we had with my hernia! glad I found it in the MTC! Elder Funke, a friend of mine who speaking of which I am going to live with him at BYU if we get in. If he doesn't get in he is going to UVU so if I get in I will have someone to live with still. But he told me his mom is bugging him about finding housing already. Have you looked in to any of that? He said he wants to stay in Raintree but for obvious reasons that would be weird haha. But he said for me to tell you to look into something :) But anyway Elder Funke had a hernia here in the mission and he said it was awful haha. They did the operation while he was awake! just local anesthetic! And for some reason afterwards they couldn't give him the pain meds for like 24 hours so he just stayed in the hospital in a bunch of pain haha. Poor kid. And that's the best Tampico has to offer in health care! Glad I haven't gotten too sick!

Sounds like brad is having a good time in the Philippines so far. Ya its still weird the whole Kelsie thing. I am excited to get to know her.

Jenn did not tell me about Addy. Cute! I am so excited to re-meet her and Tate! And when you say "his" bed does that mean my bed haha? 

Sonia did have her baby... and I don't know why its so hard to get married... mostly just laziness or they don't want to. Just Satan doing what he does. 

About this week...

It was all pretty normal at first but on Wednesday we had a worldwide missionary training! Which was super cool. It was called "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts" and they basically just reined us all back in and taught the basics. Nothing new, just the things we sometimes forget about. It was cool though. I really liked it. I have been studying the Twelve Weeks training book lately. It is just so simple and so easy but we just make it so complicated sometimes! I am trying to go back to the basics. It would be cool to train next transfer and finish my mission training and just focusing on the basic pure missionary work. Who knows though. On Thursday we had our district meeting which was fun, I sent pics of some desserts the sisters made. On Tuesday night we had a meeting with President Flores the stake president and President Ramirez. It was really cool. We basically talked about the stake and its needs and what we can do to help. We had already met with the Stake Pres and came up with a plan for January and February and we were able to get some great insights from pres Ramirez and we all left that meeting super excited to keep moving on! the zone is progressing a lot and it is awesome to see. The stake president is so animated and ready to work and he just loves us haha he calls us leeches because we are just on him all the time haha but he loves it and I think he likes having missionaries that are willing to work with him and work hard. The meeting was at 8:30 at night but Pres Ramirez gave us permission to go and afterward he took us to go eat tacos haha so we were out with president til like 10:00 eating tacos. He is so great. We were talking about the zone a bit and our investigators and he said he wants to come with us to go see a few investigators, so that will be awesome. I love having a close relationship with President Ramirez. He is a great man. On Friday we planned and had a super great day. Super busy teaching all day and it was great. ON Saturday we ate with Bricio and his sister and they made spaghetti (like real spaghetti!) and Barbecue ribs! It was so good haha we were in heaven. We cant decide if Bricio is treating us like his bros or his sons he never had haha but we get along really well and he is progressing! He is reading and told us he is going to stop drinking! the only hard thing is he cant really control his work schedule and sometimes works Sundays. But that's okay we can work with that. This morning he invited us to go to the central de abastos which is where all the stuff that is shipped to Tampico goes before it goes to the stores so everything is a lot cheaper. That was fun. He is a great guy. Elder Tipton and I already have plans to come back for his sealing. Oscar and Sonia had their baby so they were super busy this week, but we were able to teach just Oscar. He is working on getting his work schedule changed to have Sundays off and we are going to take him on a tour of the chapel tomorrow. he loves learning and has so many great questions. On Saturday we were there for like an hour maybe more just answering his questions and he was all over it. Very great guy. Yaneli is also progressing, but she couldn't go to church yesterday because her mom made her stay home and clean. We will see if she can still be baptized the 6th. Everyone else is progressing slowly but surely... We are probably being taught patience because we both came out of the offices just hungry to teach and baptized and we are having to wait a bit longer than we had hoped haha. I am nervous for this change because its possible I will be changed again. I am just used to only staying in an area one transfer now but its hard. There are so many great people here that will be baptized next transfer. We will see...
On Sunday we had the busiest day ever haha it was like a day in the office again haha. At 9 we went to an earlier weird to take the sacrament, 9 30 I had to do a baptismal interview, 10 o clock ward council, and 11 we did splits and I went with the stake president and my companion stayed with the first counselor and we went to the 3rd hour of all 6 wards in the stake and talked abut missionary work in the ward and the plan the stake has to improve. it was rough. I felt like a bishop or a stake president. We were in church from 9 to 4. At 4 we went and ate with the stake president and his wife made us lasagna that was SO good! It was real lasagna! And steak! We were super spoiled this week! At 5 we had a meeting of district and zone leaders and then  At 6:30 we had a meeting in the stake center of ward mission leaders. It was a crazy day. We got home and practically just fell into bed haha... This week should be fairly normal. We are excited for the weeks and months to come! Things are changing here in Chairel! Thanks for the prayers and the love and support!

Love you!
Elder Skalla

Pictures from this week:



















No comments:

Post a Comment