Wow that's crazy that Brad lets you stalk him now! haha that's too funny. It´s still so weird to me that he is all the way in the Philippines! and that you can text him haha. I bet you would let me stay longer if I could just text you every once in a while haha.
crazy place with yucky smells sounds like Mexico!
It would be way nice to have a job coming home... I see so many RMs here that just get home and sit on their bums and its just sad because they eventually go inactive and just forget everything they ever learned on their mission. So ya i need a job haha even if I have to go back to waterway.... but preferably something a bit better haha.
That's awesome you used PMG to prepare for your lesson! My companion and I are changing things up a bit and instead of sharing a spiritual thought during dinner or any other time with members, we pull out preach my gospel and share something from there. Sometimes we practice with them how to share the gospel with their friends or how to contact someone on a bus. Its actually super cool! Starting in 2 weeks we are going to start giving Preach my Gospel classes after the 3 hour block for anybody that wants to come. The stake president wants to put much more emphasis in member missionary work! I would 100% recommend adding preach my gospel to your daily study routine :)
That's sad that McCall wont be able to go on the mission. Is it a stress related thing? Where did she have her call to, I totally forgot...
How is Elder Gilbert doing? and Schoepfle and Smith and the other ones?
Quick investigator update:
Bricio: Went out of town for the weekend so he couldn't go to church but he is still great! I will let you know more next week!
Yaneli: Still progressing and will most likely be baptized the 6th of February! Yay!
Jose Luis and Yolanda: we have been pretty direct with them about the need to get married... There is something holding them back. but we cant really keep teaching them until they get married because they cant feel the spirit or anything til they do. We figured out the real problem though and we are trying to help them through it but it will be a bit slower than we had hoped. Keep them in your prayers!
Sonia and Oscar: The baby is still not here haha. Any day now! They love the message and learn really well and ask great questions, BUT he doesn't want to stop working on Sundays. With time though I think he will make the decision. He just needs to take that step of faith.
We have found some other new people that we are going to start working with, but those are the ones we are most focused on...
Spiritual thought for the week... I went on LDS.org just now and saw the thing about the new Provo City Center temple. There is an article and a video about it: http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/provo-city-center-temple-public-tours?cid=HP_TH_1-14-2016_dPAD_fMNWS_xLIDyL2-2_
As I was watching the video and seeing the flames and the destruction of the tabernacle, and all of the people mourning the loss of the structure. Immediately I thought about how God gives us trials and difficulties in our lives, mostly unexpected and always difficult to understand. We are sad for the loss of something we thought was good or important. But He always makes something better out of us. God doesn´t only make bad people good, but He makes good people better. Sometimes to do that he has to tear us down and leave us in a smouldering heap of ashes, barely hanging on. But He does it to strengthen us, to help us grow and to turn us into something that before we never could have become. It is a painful and difficult and long process, but if we let God shape us and mold us and do with us what He knows is best, we will truly become something amazing. The tabernacle was a beautiful and important building, but now it is a temple, the most important place on earth. It now has the capacity to bless generations and generations of people. Sometimes God takes good people and takes them down and puts them through the refiners fire, and at the end of it all we come out better and stronger with much more potential to bless others than we ever could have had before. There is a Mormon message about that that is really powerful.
Anyways, I love you lots and I am so grateful for your support and love for me. I am so blessed to have the family I have and I am coming to understand that more and more each day.
PS How is this whole Disney Land thing going to work out when I have to give my homecoming talk and report to the high council and all of that? We are leaving after that, right? or how is all that going to work out...
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment