Image

Image

Thursday, July 9, 2015

It's only Salmonella Mom......

Hello!

So I guess I will start with what you are all wondering about haha. This week was pretty tough. On Tuesday I was about dying but my companions were feeling more or less good and I didn't want to make them stay at home so we went out and worked and they basically dragged me around everywhere haha. I am pretty sure I only spoke like twice the whole time we were teaching people and what I said probably made no sense. But then on Wednesday I was feeling a bit better and I was excited because it was gonna be my first zone class where we present the zone plan and get the missionaries all excited and its super fun and... the mission secretary calls me and says I have to go to Tampico that day to renew my visa... so I missed teaching my first zone class :( I'M still kinda upset about it haha but its okay. SO on Wednesday I spent the whole day in a bus to Tampico with 2 other elders in the other zone in Victoria. 3 and a half hours to get there, 15 minutes to sign a paper, 3 and a half hours to go back. The whole day in a bus haha. But they gave us Little Caesars so it wasn't all bad. And I have to go back in a few weeks to do fingerprints. So that was Wednesday. ON Thursday we were finally gonna get the lab results back and we were all anxious to find out what we had. we had planned to meet with an LDS doctor in the stake center so he could analyze the results and prescribe us meds but then we got there and he said he couldn't come anymore :( SO we opened them up and it turns out that each of us has a different bacterial infection! Fun! Luckily our Ward mission leader was with us and he just graduated as a nurse so he knows a bit so he explained what each of us had.  The only name we recognized was mine... Salmonella! Fun! Elder Forbes has E Coli and Elder Camarena something called Citrobacter Freundii... So we had no idea what to do haha so we texted president Ramirez (it was his first day) And a few minutes later we get a call from the assistants a bit freaked out because nobody knew what to do haha. They just wanted us to find out if it was urgent and we needed to go to a hospital or something so we called a different doctor that is a member and he couldn't see us till 8 and it was 6 and they wanted to know immediately so we went to a consultant in a pharmacy here in Mexico that is all over the place called farmacias similares. They kinda have a bad reputation but we just needed to know if it was serious so we go there and the guy just prescribes us some random stuff and he wanted to give me shots but we just asked if it was urgent and he said no so we just left and waited for the other doctor. So the guy gave us some meds and NOT shots haha he said the shots hurt a lot and wasn't gonna give them to me (4 shots in the bum! No way) and sent us on our way with antibiotics. and then on Friday we all felt bad and stayed home and since then we have been getting better. But it was a crazy week. There haven't been very many changes yet with the new president. We will meet him on Wednesday, Thanks for all the pics! The kids are way to big! They look pretty much the same age now... Love you lots and I will write next week! Love you!

Elder Skalla







No comments:

Post a Comment