Sounds like you had a great week! that video blew my mind! They are super big! President Ramirez has a 3 year old that is super cute. reminds me of them :)
It was fun to get to know President Ramirez. He came and introduced his family. He has 3 daughters 12, 15 and 18 I think and a 3 year old boy. he is 46 and they are from Monterrey. They are super nice and he is very intelligent and fun. His green shows a bit haha but he is learning lots. Monterrey is a very Americanized city compared to Tampico so they have a bit of culture shock too. But they introduced themselves and we all took turns introducing ourselves and then they left. Just a short little meeting but it was fun. I think he is going to do a great job as mission president. The daughters speak English but president just speaks a little but he does understand. My guess is he learns english here though. I am excited to see how things go. Everything is the same for now but I am sure as he sees more of the mission and stuff like that he will make some changes. It will be interesting to see. I will let you know.
We had a pretty normal week here. We have lots of meetings and lots of stuff to do as zone leaders so we dont get to work as much but we still work quite a bit. We still don't have any progressing investigators but we have a few new ones we found this week that I am excited about. Today I have to go to Tampico again to do fingerprints in immigration so I wont get back til Tuesday night. This week is Elder Forbes last week in the mission so he has all kinds of stuff too. And then we have changes. We will see what happens haha if I stay or if I go. I am fine with whatever so we will see. I think at least I will have a new companion because lots of zone leaders are going home... almost half, but who knows.
This morning we went to Esteban's house and made migadas :) I will send the pictures next week.
Love you!
Elder Skalla
Photos from the last Leadership Council with Pres. and Sis. Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment