Image

Image

Friday, July 31, 2015

Instruments in His hands

Hey mom! Happy birthday! Sorry I didn't send you anything... I had an idea but then I didn't have time to do it and I ended up not liking my idea... I was gonna record myself singing the mothers day primary song in Spanish but then I remembered I can't sing haha so I didn't do that. and then I was gonna make a video of all the different talents I have learned on the mission haha but I didn't have time so I will make it up to you next year and sing and show you my talents in person. Sound good? haha but I am glad you had a great birthday and you are not that old! 

Ummm about my plans. I have no idea. I still might go to BYU I but who knows. I need to think and pray about it still. I want to work in the MTC really bad so that would require going to BYU Provo but then again I loved BYU I... I will have to think about it. But I at least want to to apply to BYU to see if they will accept me now... It will make the decision a bit easier haha. and a lot depends on if they accept me at the MTC too haha. I need to look in to how all that works too. 

The mission is going well... no changes yet but on Friday we have the leadership meeting so we are expecting to hear a bit more about changes then... President is still getting used to the mission and seeing how things work and what things need to change and things like that. So I will let you know as soon as anything crazy happens haha. I'm guessing the next few months will be very interesting. So I will see President Ramirez on Friday and then he is coming to Victoria in 3 weeks for interviews so it will be nice to get to know him a bit more personally.

We had a really interesting week this week... We have been working hard but really the work we have been doing has been really inefficient and without much fruit or results. So we decided to just kinda do a clean sweep of the area. We dropped all of our investigators, reorganized the area books and cleaned out all the old teaching records and junk we couldn't use and started organizing ourselves a bit better. We have a huge area so we divided it into 5 sectors and organized all the less actives and converts and members into one folder divided into 5 sections and the investigator area book too. Then we started looking for less actives from a list of priesthood and future priesthood that we have. We found a few good families and had a few good experiences but honestly we were super discouraged and stressed about the area. By Saturday night we had only taught like 9 less actives/recent converts and one investigator and we were struggling a bit. We had been working our butts off but nothing was happening. It was a very humbling week. But on Sunday as we are sitting in sacrament meeting listening to a high council talk, 4 women that we don't know walked in. We went and sat by them and introduced ourselves and they said that it was the first time coming to church and that our old bishop who is now in the stake presidency had invited them. We took them to gospel principles and had a good class but they said the usual ¨we are catholic and just came because we were invited but we are catholic´´ haha but we had a good discussion about the sacrament and a bit of repentance and covenants. We put an appointment for later that day. We went and after struggling a bit to find their house because they live in a weird part of the area we finally found them :) they were super happy to see us and had made sandwiches and gave us coke haha. Its a family with the mom, her two daughters, and then the mom of the lady. the dad is there too but he was drunk so he didn't come listen. typical :) but we started talking and apparently the two daughters loved their classes and came home and were super happy and that usually they fight all the time but that after church they started getting along and helping each other and tons of cool stuff! We started talking about the Restoration and gods love for us and the mom started crying and it was just super awesome and the spirit was so strong. at the end all 4 of them accepted a baptismal date in September :D It was a very humbling experience and a reminder that everything we have comes from the father and that we are just instruments in his hands and as we do our best to be good instruments and let him use us, we will have success. I am super excited to continue teaching this family and to see their progress :D I will let you know how it goes. Love you lots!

Elder Skalla


Missionaries with Pres. Ramirez and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment