Haha I thought you might like those videos! Maybe
Ill start taking more in Spanish haha, but to be able to send them they can
only be 30 seconds. I will just teach you guys the missionary lessons in 30
seconds :p and you can show them to Olga! Perfect.
That incline looks cool! I had never heard about it
but it looks fun. Looks kinda like my last area. haha no it wasn't that
steep.
Tate is too big! And his hair is super long. Oh I
have to tell you about the weird dream I had last night. I dreamt (sp?) that it
was time for the new babies to be born and that Jenn's came first because it
was born a month early and we were all scared but it was fine and then Ali's
baby came. I remember that the names they gave them were super weird. Jenns was
a girl and Ali's was a boy and Jenn's named hers "Palestina" (please
don't name her that) And Ali named hers something with a C like Conrad but
weirder. I cant remember well. It was super weird.
Ya, We have some members that are going to loan us
their laptops to Skype on Sunday. We are gonna do it like right after church
which ends at 1:00 so it will be like at 1:15-1:30. We just have 30-40 minutes,
like last time haha. This week I searched for my user name and all that so
everything is good there.
Sounds like Brad has a crazy summer ahead of him. I
would tell the punk to get married already but.... But tell him to cut his
hair! It is way too long in that picture you sent (By the way you got a great
pic of that shirtless guy behind you guys in the picture haha)
I was excited to hear that Blanca and Itsel and her
sister got baptized too :D on Wednesday I will try and remember to send a pic
of Itsel so you can remember who it is.
So this week was a great week! This is the first
time my companion has lead in an area so things are going a bit slower,
especially since we are opening the other side of the ward too because they
took 2 elders out of our ward when I got here. So right now I am just kinda
letting my companion do his thing to help him learn. It would be easy to just take
control and do everything and get stuff done but... that way my companion would
never learn. So right now I just kinda follow him and let him make decisions,
but I'm always there to keep him from going too far off
haha. Everything is going well so far. The area is great and I love
the ward! I hope to stay here longer than my last two areas. I don't like these
"two years of goodbyes!" haha You really get attached to people and
places very quickly! We have about 10 or so investigators that are really potential
baptismal candidates that are attending church and keeping commitments so we
will probably have a few baptisms this transfer! The hardest part about
baptisms is just that even if they are keeping all their to their commitments,
if they don't go to church 5 times in a period of 6 weeks without missing more
than twice, they cant get baptized and have to start their 5 weeks again. Its
frustrating sometime but worth it because that way the converts are more
converted at baptism and they don't inactivate as easily afterwards.
ON Friday we had a seventy come visit! Elder Lester
Johnson form the 4th quorum of the seventy! We had a little 5 zone conference
in Tampico and we learned a lot! He had several volunteers come up and practice
teaching different principles and coached us and stuff. Elder Arvizu and I got
to teach together again, which was fun :) It was great because I got to see
lots of mission friends. I talked to the elders that are in my first area right
now and they say that most of the converts are doing well. Norma finally
accepted baptisms for the dead! I don't know if I told you but right before I
left she started getting super defensive about that and started denying Thu
book of Mormon and stuff and I have been super worried but she is good now!
yay! And EMILIA IS PREGNANT! So I am going to have 3 new nieces/nephews in a
few months haha. I consider them my Mexican family and they have adopted me too
haha. Also Elder Arvizu told me that they are going to start building the new
chapel in Panuco which is great. We did it! They say that Panuco
is growing lots and is close to being a stake :D
I hope you liked all the pics haha I will try to
take more. I am writing in my journal every day now because I decided to repent
finally haha so that will help me remember stuff to tell you. Everything is
going well! Love you lots! See you on Sunday!
Elder Skalla
PS Send President Doman the pic of Elder Camelo and
I. Elder Camelo was in his district in the MTC too! Weird! I already wrote him
but he wrote back and asked for a pic. thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment