Image

Image

Thursday, May 28, 2015

One Year Down!

Man the time goes by too fast.... And they say (and its true) that time just goes by faster every day and that the second year goes by lots faster than the first. I don't like thinking about time but that's kinda unavoidable right now haha. That's crazy that its been a year since I was home. I have changed so much. On Tuesday we had interviews with president Jordan and he said "You just completed a year, right?" (Thanks for reminding me, pres :p) And we talked about the ways I have changed in this year. My testimony has grown and I have become more converted, I am more humble, but I still have a long ways to go. since that day I have kept thinking about that. I recognized a lot of ways that I have changed, good and bad, and a lot of ways I thought I would change but haven't, and what i can do to change those things. I want the second year of my mission to be everything it can be. I want to be more humble, more diligent, more consecrated, and more like Christ. 

This week was busy but good. Lots of meetings and interviews and stuff and a baptism so that always takes lots of time and it was a crazy busy week. The temple was awesome on Tuesday :) I will send pics of the baptism on Wednesday because the Internet in our chapel doesn't work so I have to do it in the stake center before district meeting. I love the ties and the MP3 is perfect :) Thanks, love you!

We have been seeing tons of miracles in this area honestly. I don't have lots of time to talk about all of them but we are HOPING to have a baptism every week in June and a few in July as well. Next week i will update you a bit more about our investigators.

Pamela's baptism went well :) There were like 8 investigators there too which was awesome. A baptism is a really good way to help other investigators feel the spirit and want to be baptized as well. Pamela is happy and is already doing a great job as a member and is helping us teach her neighbours, Sonia and Erik. They are going through some family and work problems right now and are very humbled and willing to listen. That has been the base of our miracles lately... finding humble people who are just ready to listen and are teachable. 

I love being a missionary and am striving to be a more Christlike person every day, I love each and every one of you so much and pray for you every day. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Skalla

Pamela's Baptism







No comments:

Post a Comment