I also had some things I was gonna talk about but I don't remember them either haha don't worry about it. Like I explained to Brad and like you said, our worlds are just so far apart. haha like the hot water thing, there are lots of things that are just part of life for me now that you guys cant really understand haha so its kinda weird. But I will be home before you know it honestly. The time goes way too fast. Every day and every week and every transfer is shorter. I am happy and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If I really really need anything I will let you know. Like Christ tells his disciples in 3 Nephi and in Mathew, not to worry about what to eat or drink or wear. I don't worry about it, and you don't need to either :) I am well taken care of. I will send a video of my testimony in Spanish. I will try on Wednesday because I have sent pics to you from my chapel here but apparently the Internet has been down so It just says they were sent but really not.
The Lord has SOMEONE prepared for you right now. He is (apresurando?) His work and every one of us has a purpose. Pray and ACT. read preach my gospel. Find someone! Make a list of all your friends who isn't a member or who isn't currently active and pray about each and every one of them and then go find them and talk to them and ask them about their lives and something they say will highlight a truth of the gospel that you can use to teach and help them. Everyone has at least a tiny chink in their armor of pride that we can get through and touch their hearts :)
About my area: It's just a little town in Tampico (Well, Altamira but same thing) close to the ocean. I can't SEE the ocean (even though the town is called "watch the sea or see the sea or sea view or something like that) because there are a few lagoons in the way but it's close. It's just a normal town with normal people. The ward members are great and we have some great investigators. Its nice too because the houses actually have house numbers that go in order and the streets have names! haha. The area is big and I wish we had a bike, but its okay we are working hard. But honestly the area is too big for just the two of us.
About Investigators:
Pamela- Her friend, Edna, was baptized 2 years ago. She decided she wanted to change her life and Edna referred her to us. We started teaching her and she liked what she heard and started coming to church and started leaving behind her old life. She is 20 years old and will be baptized on the 23rd :) Pray for her!
Ana Ester, Ester, y Francisca (Fam. Lozano)- Ana´s son, Miguel, got baptized a bit over a year ago, and then her other son, Jose Guadalupe, got baptized a few months later. Miguel is preparing for a mission. Ana Ester comes to church every week but still doesn't feel ready to be baptized. Ester is her daughter and used to live in Aldama, about an hour north, but came back to live with her family and go to school in Tampico after some problems in Aldama. She met the elders and went to church the first week and loved it and already wanted to be baptized and wants to serve a mission! She has gone 3 times including yesterday. She reads and prays every day and Miguel shows her Mormon messages and answers her questions. Her sister, Francisca, was about to be baptized 6 months ago but then Miguel inactivated for a few months and she stopped going, but started going again. They are on date for may 30th.
I don't have much more time but next week I will tell you about a few other people we are teaching... love you lots!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment