Image

Image

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Great Baptism and Pictures

Hello!

This week was great! We had a baptism! I don't remember if I have told you about Emilia yet but she is the older sister of Mari and Leo. Their mom has 2 daughters from a previous marriage that are older and they each have an 8 year old, Cristian and Naydalin (I think that's how you spell it..). A few weeks before the baptism of Mari and Leo we asked Celia (their mom) if she knew anyone that we could visit. She told us that she had 2 daughters that live here in Pueblo Viejo that might be interested so we found them and started teaching them. At first Karen was more interested but she works ALL the time and would have to change her schedule to have Sundays off and at first she said that was impossible and we could only teach her once a week so she didn't progress but Emilia started getting way more interested after going to church for the first time and on Saturday she was baptized with her son Cristian! Her husband is a marine and right now he is home for just 3 weeks (he leaves this week I think) so he got to see their baptism as well. He doesn't want us to teach him (yet) but Emilia says he is more open about it now than before so hopefully in the future he will be baptized and they can be sealed in the temple! 





It was funny because The dads name is Cristian Ivan and the son is Cristian Alexander and when the bishops wife called us to ask their names for the program I told her that it was Cristian Ivan so the programs all said that he was getting baptized haha. We all had red faces I think but it was funny and he laughed about it. 

SO the kids in the pictures (below) are Cristian and Naydalin. They're adorable! Its a great feeling sitting in sacrament meeting next to one of your converts, just after two of your converts were confirmed, and having another one of your converts pass the sacrament to you. All 6 of them went to church yesterday! Such a great feeling... I am infinitely grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me have a part in their conversion. 


Oh yah another thing about the baptism is that Cristian is afraid of the water and his uncle (Leo) was teasing him about how the water was going to be up to his neck and he would have to stay there for 2 hours and so he started panicking as he got in the water. It really only went up to his belt but he wanted the bishop, who baptized him, to carry him but he was still panicking so we had to calm him down and help him down in the water and in the middle of the prayer he said "Am I gonna be down there 2 hours??" haha so bishop started over and just dunked him real fast and when he came out he had this huge grin and just said "Ya!?!?!" which means like that's all or already haha it was cute and funny.

Yes I use the temple pics a lot they are perfect! (the ones I mailed to him)

I don't know if you remember our investigators Gloria and Iris from a few months ago? We kinda lost contact with them while Gloria was sick and Iris was working and we didn't teach them for a while and they stopped going to church. We have been calling them to put an appointment but they never show up. We called one last time and put an appointment and just Gloria showed up. She said that they have just been very busy because one of her daughters, that is a member, moved and Iris also is moving! and Gloria too is thinking of moving! It makes me sad because Iris had a testimony that the church was true and the Book of Mormon was true, like she flat out said they she read and prayed and knows its true. We have their address in Chihuahua so we are going to send the reference.

We had divisions this week with Elder Cortez from El Salvador and one of the zone Leaders, Elder Del Aguila from Peru.

For Christmas I want printed pictures of Adalynn and Tate and my converts, toothpaste (Dr. Bart gave me special toothpaste before I left and I like it! He gave me 4 tubes and I used the first in about 2 months so send a few more if you can! Next time you go to the dentist ask him. 

That's all i can think of to tell you now... I am doing great!

Love you!!

Elder Skalla-

**More pics that I got this week from that awesome wifi camera!

From the day at the temple...


Looks like he gets some familiar food!


Leo and Ryan are buddies :)

His companion, Elder Arcela



No comments:

Post a Comment