Image

Image

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Patience, Love, Diligence, Humility

Mom and family and friends,

Hey! Haha I have learned from watching you when Brad was on his mission and knew exactly what would happen if a letter didn't come on Monday so I did what I could to make you a little calmer haha. I didn't want you worrying too much.   (I got this note via his wifi camera on Sunday-he is so creative!)

We went to the temple this morning and it was great! Everything was in Spanish but I understood so it was really cool! They have carpet! We took pictures and the ZLs are going to email them to us so you will have it next week. 

Things are going alright in the area... We baptized all of our investigators already haha so we are looking for more people to teach. We don´t knock doors and the members don't have many more references so its hard but we are finding people. Also this past week all the soldiers in the military came home for the week and we had a few investigators that were too busy spending time with their husbands to talk to us so we were spending a lot of time this week teaching less actives and converts and asking for references and contacting. OH and looking for a house. We have to find a house in the other side of our area for the other elders to live in. We are still paying rent on the old one but Pres. Jordan doesn't want missionaries living there because its in a sketchy part and doesn't have water so we are spending (wasting) a lot of time finding a house. Zillow doesn't exist so we just go around asking everybody in the streets and outside their houses if they know anyone renting a house but while we do this we cant bring up the gospel unless they ask so its not very useful and we haven't found a very good house yet. We found one but they want 3500 Pesos every month and that's a ton. We pay 1900 in our house now and the other house pays 2000. So we are spending a lot of time doing that. My companion and I are doing okay but I wouldn't say we are friends. We are just very, very, very, different but that's okay.

 I am learning patience and love and diligence and humility more than ever here. I cant remember where but I read a talk that talked about having your pride surgically removed so that Christlike attributes can be put in its place and that's what I feel like right now. And there isn't much anesthetic haha. 

I cant remember if I know Sean or not but I that's awesome that he is going to be baptized! Its always awesome when families become more and more complete in that way!

Have fun with your missionaries haha that sounds like a fun activity. (We are hosting missionaries for a Mini MTC Stake activity)

I bet its great living close, but not with Tate and Ali and Ty now haha. What ward are they in? I don't need candy either so don't worry about it. 

I heard about the Meet the Mormons movie and I wanna see it haha. Good Idea to invite your tennis friends! Let me know how it goes and don't be afraid to bear your testimony! 

Thanks for sending some talks! We get the Liahona in English so don't worry about that either. The English elders get a Liahona in English and the Spanish get Spanish. I didn't know Liahona existed in English but it does haha. 

The bishops son here in our ward got his mission call this week. He is going to Brasil Rio De Janeiro! Thats Tanners mission right?? He enters the MTC 11 of February. Elder Gonzalez is his name from Tampico Mexico. I told him to look for another Elder Skalla. He is going to the Brasil MTC and has to learn Portuguese so he will be in the field sometime in March. 

This weekend is the baptism of Emilia and Cristian! I'm really excited! I will send pictures!

I don't think there is anything more to tell you... just that I love you and I hope everything is going well! I have 20 more minutes here so let me know if you have any questions!!

Love you!


Elder Skalla

No comments:

Post a Comment