Image

Image

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Packages arrived!!!! Pictures!!

It´s December already! I can´t believe how fast this year has gone.... 2015 has been my "Year of the mission" an now it´s almost over. But it´s Christmas time and I´m loving it! We got our Christmas tree all set up in the office and Elder Tiptons mom sent him a Christmas Tree that we set up in the house so we just have Christmas Spirit all over the place! I got my packages on Friday! I got Grandmas on Thursday. On Thursday I got an email in the mission account from customs asking if they could take the candy out of the package in Monterrey, so I authorized them to take it out and then Friday morning they got here and the guy said I had to pay to receive them! I couldn't pay with Credit Card and he said that if I didn't pay they would destroy the packages! So I paid the 400 pesos. I mean it isn't that much, like 30 dollars, but still it annoys me. If you ever send me a package again, just send it through USPS. That's what the majority of moms do and it always turns out fine. You don't even need to put pictures of the virgin Mary on it haha. It just takes a bit longer to get here but its a lot cheaper and they don't open it. In your last email you said I could open the diapers box but not the amazon box haha, but I opened it and quickly realized it was the Christmas box. I took my CC out and sealed it back up and opened the other one, which had the Christmas tree, the Santa/tree hat, and the beanie. In the other one I saw the credit card, the jacket, 1 tie, and I think a sweater but I´m not sure. Do you really want me to open it? I´d rather wait til Christmas... But thanks for the packages! I love the little tree with Christlike attributes on it! But I noticed the only one that repeats is humility... Is that a hint? hahaha. I'm glad the only candy you sent were kisses, because they took it all out. I don't get why they don't let candy through... weird. But don't worry about it I get lots of candy! I still haven't  gotten any package from that website place...They come straight to the office so I will send a pic when I get it. I tried calling the number to activate the card but It didn't go through, so I was thinking I might not be able to from Mexico... did you get that figured out or should I keep trying?

Wow you have been in Boise forever! I bet you are way happy to go home. It looks like you had a lot of fun there though, and Parker looks like a fun little guy! I´m so excited to meet him and Emery! I´m glad they are both growing good and without any problems! And I'm proud of Adalynn for not being afraid of Santa! What a champ! I loved the pics of Emery and Tate you sent! He looks like the best big brother (Brad, you take a close second, don't worry :p) 

I hope Jenn can get her work stuff figured out! I liked her idea of starting a small business... That would be fun! And I hope Greg gets in too! Speaking of getting into school, I realized something... The priority deadline date for BYU doesn't apply to transfers, just new freshman... So I have til February to finish my application. But at least I have it done already! I also saw that on February 28th I will be notified. Crazy!

How are Ty and Ali doing? Ty is still doing well at Fidelity I'm guessing? Those 2 (Jenn and Ali) Just send me pics of their babies and they never tell me how they are haha. I mean I love the babies but I want to know about them too! I feel so out of the loop... That's okay though, keeps me focused. 

I still cant get my head around Brad going to the Philippines... Crazy! Tell him to find me a job in Denver when I get back while he is looking for his... Speaking of that! I might be coming home the 16th of May... Its very probable. They changed the time that native language speakers are in the mtc from 2 to 3 weeks, and that is affecting arrival dates and stuff for new missionaries. So in the transfer that should end March 28th, the new missionaries will get here April 4th, so we will have to extend the transfer a week. We still haven't been notified if that will continue into May, But I´m guessing we will just have a 7 week transfer and the rest will be 6 like normal and everything will just run back a week. So I hope that doesn't mess up your plans... (it does) I will try and have a more solid answer for you next week...

So about my week... I have been writing in my journal every day so I can remember what to write haha.

On Sunday the new Christmas video came out! did you see it yet? there are 2 so make sure you see both. The other one is about how the world would be if the savior was never born. Christmas.mormon.org share it with all your friends! We have new pass along cards and everything and I love sharing the message of the savior during Christmas time! Everyone just seems to be a bit more open and receptive, and it offers us a really easy way to get in and teach! Even just talking to taxi drivers gets a lot more affective and I´m loving it! My goal this Christmas is to be more service oriented. I think that's one of the things Christmas is all about, small acts of service to others. So far it has been going well! On Wednesday we really started using the new pass along cards and we gave one to a lady who came to the office to collect rent for some missionaries house, some to a few members and an investigator that ate with us, and then we helped 2 guys push their car that had ran out of gas. And all of that in like an hour! Then later, a guy in a beat up old red truck started shouting "Elder!" at us, which is pretty normal so we just waved and kept walking, but he kept shouting and following us. He pulled over and signaled us to cross the street and talk to him. We were a bit hesitant but mentally prepared to fight him off ;p turns out he is an investigator from another state who moved to Tampico recently and wanted to find the missionaries.  Seems like a nice guy. We passed the reference to our zone leaders and they are teaching him. Thursday was another one of the those super busy office days. I had to go get the mail and there were TONS of Christmas packages then to the bank to pay for some visa stuff and there was a huge line because everyone was cashing their paychecks in, then we got a call from a missionary who was super sick and on his way to Tampico so that threw a wrench into our plans because my companion had to take him to the hospital. I went with his companion downtown to the immigration office and then we went back to the offices to do some stuff. My poor companion had to wait 8 hours in the hospital emergency room with that Elder. he is doing better now though. Then yesterday we were able to do divisions with our zone leaders! I went with Elder Tenney, an elder from Arizona that got to Mexico with me. He is a good guy. It was nice to leave the offices for a day and just teach. Even though people were calling me every now and then, it was a nice little vacation. We taught a guy who lives in a little wood shack and is just super humble and I haven't seen that kind of thing in SO long since our area is super nice. I miss being in a little pueblo where everyone is so friendly and welcoming and humble. I hope I get to finish in a place like that... Its a very humbling experience and helps me get away from the world a lot easier. 

Alright that's all the time I´ve got. Love you lots! PS What time do you want me to call on Christmas? We will probably call from the office so I can call whenever...

Love you!

Elder Skalla


What's with the Corona T-shirt??  I keep forgetting to ask him!!











No comments:

Post a Comment