I`m glad the babies are growing and doing great! Can`t wait to meet them!
Before I forget, I mentioned something about my release date getting changed, right? Does that affect anything? If I haven`t mentioned it, most likely my release date will be the 16th not the 9th.
I thought I sent you the pic... I at least took it haha. I will send it right now.
Aww man you tricked me haha. (I knew about the BYU application date for transfer students but didn't tell him!) I was all worried about it because I never had time to do it haha. But that's okay. Can you look into the MTC stuff? Idk when I would have to apply to get a job there..
I`m glad everyone is doing well... I guess no news is good news. Over hear it sounds like the world is falling apart and World War 3 is about to start. Something about Paris and terrorists. I haven`t heard much but enough.
I still cant believe Brad is going to the Philippines but that's cool. Have him look for a job for me when he gets back :p There ought to be someone who needs a secretary or something for the summer haha.
Yah we use a LOT of public transportation... We usually go in taxis or things called Micros. They`re like little buses that follow a specific route and charge 9 pesos. They're fun haha.
This one is a bit more fancy than the ones we have here... But its the same idea. The routes are distinguished by what color the bus is.
Here is a Tampico Micro! Fun, right? haha this ones pretty beat up... Some are nice like the first pic and some are pretty beat up... Just part of the adventure.
That`s crazy you are coming to Mexico! You will be way south though, that's where all the good stuff is! I would love to go with you when I get back... Actually there are lots of places I want to go to in Mexico now that I have been here... But I bet you will have lots of fun. Enjoy the luxurious side of Mexico!
About my week... It`s been pretty crazy. We had the new missionary training meetings this week so that's always a chore to plan that all out and get everyone to where they need to be and keep everyone happy and fed. We are getting lot better at it though so everything went fairly smooth. I am a bit behind on my other jobs though because you kinda have to put everything to one side when we have mission council or new missionary trainings or changes and stuff... We didn`t get to work much in the area. It`s so hard becuase we want to work but then we make commitments with investigators and members and stuff but then something comes up and we can`t go the appointment so we have to cancel and I just feel bad.
we had our Stake Conference this weekend and it was really good! A seventy came and spoke. His name is Marion B. DeAntunano. He gave a super great talk. He spoke about the difference between having a testimony and really being converted. There is a big difference! Lots of us can have a testimony, but conversion is what really helps us progress and what really matters at the end of it all. He compared it to the parable of the 10 virgins and how our testimony is like our lamp, but the oil is the conversion. Without the oil, a lamp doesn't do much. We can share our lamp with others, and the light of our lamp can illuminate others, but with the time comes, only those with enough oil and enough conversion will be able to live with Christ and the Father. We can share our light and testimony with our friends, but we can never share our conversion. We can share our light and testimony with our children, but never our conversion. Conversion is personal and a process of our whole lives. It was a great talk!
we had our Stake Conference this weekend and it was really good! A seventy came and spoke. His name is Marion B. DeAntunano. He gave a super great talk. He spoke about the difference between having a testimony and really being converted. There is a big difference! Lots of us can have a testimony, but conversion is what really helps us progress and what really matters at the end of it all. He compared it to the parable of the 10 virgins and how our testimony is like our lamp, but the oil is the conversion. Without the oil, a lamp doesn't do much. We can share our lamp with others, and the light of our lamp can illuminate others, but with the time comes, only those with enough oil and enough conversion will be able to live with Christ and the Father. We can share our light and testimony with our friends, but we can never share our conversion. We can share our light and testimony with our children, but never our conversion. Conversion is personal and a process of our whole lives. It was a great talk!
It was a pretty normal week... Today is the day of the virgin! Pretty much everybody in Mexico goes crazy and builds altars and worships the virgin and goes out into the street and chants and stuff. Pretty interesting haha.
We re did the correcto/incorrecto thing this week because there is a new secretary and assistant since that last time we made it. This time we made a video and it was pretty funny. It`s a big file so I don't think I can send it, but it`s in Spanish anyway so... I`ll just send a pic or two haha.
Thanks for your love and everything you do for me :) Love you!
Elder Skalla


No comments:
Post a Comment