Send me pictures of snow! Man I can´t wait for a white Christmas haha. I never realized how much snow and cold help make it feel that much more like Christmas! It´s still not even that cold here yet and hardly anybody puts lights up so it´s kinda hard to feel the Christmas spirit. But in the office we´ve got our tree all set up and some stockings so it´s nice.
That´s crazy about Mountain Vista! Do you know who the girls are? I guess I´ve been out for like 3 years almost so who knows if I would know who they are but still that´s insane! That's good nothing happened though...
I´m excited for next week too! I can´t believe it´s coming up so fast. I bet that will be fun doing the Santa thing with Tate! I´m excited to see him on Skype! He seems to have just his own little personality.
I haven´t gotten Christmas cards yet... They should get here but last year I was getting Christmas cards in like march and April haha.
I did get Brads video haha it was pretty funny. Who knows how I got that accent haha but I really don´t hear it that much! It´s still weird to me that he is going to the Philippines. Where is he going to stay and who is he going to live with? Who is going to take care of his truck?
Thanks for the pics! They´re adorable haha. How did you get both Santa's to do that haha.
Enjoy your Christmas dinner tonight! We are going to eat with a family in our ward on the 24th... But we are going to eat at 2 so its more like Christmas lunch... Mexico is a bit strange in the food aspect haha. Their son is serving in Italy and I met him in the MTC. Speaking of Italy, an Italian guy showed up to our ward today! Super weird... I guess he is going to get married to a member in our ward. He speaks just a bit of Spanish. Spanish and Italian are actually very similar. I´m planning on learning Italian when I get home...
I don´t know if President will invite us to do anything with his family on Christmas... If he does it will be Christmas Eve. On Christmas day our zone is getting together with the Tampico Zona in the Tampico stake center (Where I spent last Christmas) And we get to play volleyball and then when the sisters get tired we can play basketball/soccer. The stake center has a full size wood court too so that will be fun. It´´ts the only one I´ve seen in the mission... We also get to watch a movie... I think we are watching one called Rise of the Guardians. It´s a christmas movie. We are also doing a secret Santa and a couple of other things. At 6 we go out and work til 8.
On Tuesday we had a talent show/devotional with president and his family. Somehow president found out that I play ukulele and told me that if I found one I could use it to play in the talent show. Carlos, the bishops son in Villa Cuahutemoc, has one and he is in Brazil on his mission so I asked him if I could borrow it. So for the past week and a half I have been practicing. I played "We´ll Bring the World His Truth" and Elder Amador sang in Spanish and I sang in English. There were 4 zones there so like 70 missionaries and man that was nerve wracking! I messed up more in the real performance than I ever did practicing. It still turned out alright though. I will send you a video if I can... probably not of the actual performance but I´ll make a new, better one haha. In the performance Elder Amadors microphone didn´t work at first and I was all nervous so it wasn´t the best. It was great to play though after so long! Have you heard the song "How Can I Be"? It was written by some missionaries and they play it on a uke. I´ve been learning how to play that one too. I´m sad to have to give it back now though haha...
Last Sunday we had the awesome privilege to see the Tijuana Temple Dedication. They broadcast it live to all the stake centers in the country and it was great. President Uchtdorf and Elder Oaks were there to dedicate it. It would be cool to go to the Fort Collins temple dedication... When will that be?
I went to immigration for the last time on Friday :( they close from the 18th to the 6th of January, so I had to get everything done that I would need to do in these weeks so that nobody has to be illegal haha. Luckily I made it out clean and nobody is illegal because of me! Yippee! Next transfer there is only one new elder coming and 3 sisters, and all of them are from Mexico! So the next time I go to immigration will be with my replacement to teach him how to do everything.
Just two more weeks in the office! And two fairly easy weeks... Then its back to the field! I`m excited haha. I have loved my time in the office but... It`s time to leave. I`m excited to see where they send me!
Love you!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment