Image

Image

Saturday, November 21, 2015

speaking of Christmas....

Hi mom!

Wow I cant believe it has been a year! (since his grandpa passed away) crazy.... I guess that's right though because it has been a year since I started training and I found out like a week later... That is good that Grandma will be with lots of family! I love the pic of me and papa at my baptism :)

I bet your life has been super crazy lately! Parker does look like a little old man haha. Like Benjamin Button! I´m glad Emery is growing so much! Every time I see a new picture of Tate he just looks bigger and bigger and crazier and crazier, and every time I see Addy she just looks much more grown up and sassy haha. It would be fun if they lived closer though... I'm telling ya, invite everyone over for Christmas!! 

Speaking of Christmas... I cant think of anything I need... just garments! I tried ordering some but if I order them from the US they charge me a ton in shipping and I tried ordering from Mexico but I did it like a month ago and it still says out of stock so iI bet it will never be sent... So if you could send me new garments, that would be wonderful... I like the shirts dri lux with the tighter neck... I don't like the long open one. I don't remember the name though.... And for bottoms Dri lux boxers. Aside from garments... I really cant think of anything haha... Oh I forgot to tell you! We have been getting a bunch of packages lately form a place called missionarypackagemx.com. Have you ever heard of it? I'm not sure exactly what it is but we get a ton of packages from there, so maybe it is a cheaper way to do it... they seem to be sent from Mexico... and they get delivered directly to the office. Might be something to look into ;) I always like new ties... Maybe a sweater? Sometimes it gets cold here... Or better, like a rain jacket. just a light windbreaker thing but one that wont get soaked through. The one I have is good but... it doesn't really hold well against Mexican rain haha... In wind it is okay but in rain, not really. And maybe if you can find a beanie laying around there. I don't know if we can wear them proselyting, but in the house it would be nice. Its almost cold season and last year I wasn't super prepared for it haha. but I can find those here too... I really don't need much. I cant ask for books because we can't read anything outside the mission library... umm. I don't know, I trust you! You are more creative than I am, I'm sure. You and Jenn and Ali combined can come up with something haha... maybe Brad can help too. 

Brad did NOT tell me he was going to the Philippines... He actually hasn´t written me in a while. When will he get back?

I'm trying to think of interesting things that have happened this weeks... The assistants and president have been out of town all week at interviews and when they are at the offices they are doing transfer stuff and that's all confidential so we haven't done anything too crazy... just getting everything ready for transfers... but just the same old same old stuff...

Oh yeah, Yesterday was the day they celebrate the revolution here in Mexico, so there was a parade downtown and I had no idea it was even a holiday so I had planned to go to the immigration office with a few elders. We get to the centro/downtown and there's just a ton of people there and a huge parade haha. Luckily the immigration office closed on Monday instead of yesterday and was still open, and we got to see part of the parade too so that was interesting. My first Mexican parade haha. I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take a picture... I'm still looking for something sufficiently Mexican to take a picture with! They are going to put the Christmas tree up in the centro soon so maybe next time I go there I will take a picture in front of the Christmas tree and the giant catholic cathedral :p That's pretty Mexican... My companion also has some good pictures that he is going to send me today and I will forward them to you... 

This weekend is transfers and there is going to be a new assistant and some other crazy stuff so I will probably be super busy this week... We are hoping it goes better than last transfers haha! 

Did you see the news about the MTC? Now the missionaries that don't learn a language will be there for 3 weeks, not 2. They say it might affect release dates for some missionaries. Just so you are aware! I will let you know as soon as I know anything. 

I cant think of anything else to say... I love the offices but... almost nothing "write home"-worthy happens... 

Love you lots!

Elder Skalla

Tampico Mexico Temple (Ryan lives across the street from it!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment