Saturday again! I feel like I just wrote haha... This week was a good week... I have been putting a lot of personal goals lately because in the office its super easy to kinda slip out of the normal missionary routine AKA getting to sleep at 10:30pm, doing exercise, studying, all that kind of stuff because most mornings we have a bunch of other stuff to do or we have to go places and at night. Sometimes we leave the office way late or there are other missionaries in our house and its just easy to slip out of the routine so I have been working really hard and getting back into that routine the most I can. It has been a really good experience because I feel like this is how its going to be when I get home and there will always be something else I could do instead of studying or sleeping or exercise and stuff like that and In the mission. It's honestly fairly easy because it's so structured and you just kinda have to do it all, but in the real world it isn't so easy, and I feel like being in the offices is like my little preview of what its going to be like going home. I feel like I am having to put forth a lot more effort and it has helped a lot. Sometimes as missionaries we just change our behavior for 2 years, and our nature is never really changed, and as soon as we get home we fall right back into where we were before the mission. But really what needs to change is our nature, and that can only be done through the atonement. In many ways my nature has changed in the mission, but in many ways just my behavior has changed when I thought my nature had been changed. Its kinda similar to the scripture that says we can either choose to be humble or be made humble haha. In the mission we can either study by choice and obey by choice or be forced to... Interesting thought I had haha.
Nothing super interesting happened this week... We were excited because we had several appointments and we even had one day planned to work all day after 3:00 after eating lunch (which is the meal we eat with members...) but like always a bunch of stuff came up and our appointments fell and we didn't really get to work much... But I have been working on speaking with everyone. When we go out in the street I'm trying to always find someone to talk to. I actually had a pretty great conversation with one of the immigration workers the other day. I just have to find ways to still feel the spirit of missionary work and share the gospel even when I'm in the office most of the day. Its going well! Try it! Do we have sisters in our ward? if so, tell them to invite you to a discussion or something! You would love it! Or even if you have elders tell them you and dad want to go out with them! The best way to strengthen our testimony is sharing it!
I'm glad the babies and not-so-babies are doing good! You´re all always in my prayers!
Its weird its almost Christmas. Its still hot here! Like really hot! Last year is was cold already... Man can you believe its been a year almost since I started training Elder Lopez? Crazy!
I will try and send a pic of something cool and Mexican haha.... Have fun in Boise!
Love you all!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment