Yay! I'm so glad everything went well with Jenn's baby! I love the name Parker! He`s a cute little guy! Cant wait to meet him! Addy looks like a cute big sister too! I'm still kinda grasping the whole 4 nieces/nephews thing. But they are adorable and I`m sure even more so in person!
"Babies and more babies" sounds like a lifestyle you would like haha... I bet you`re having fun! That's cool you are going to teach Sunday school! Teaching callings are fun! Is everyone going to go to your house for Christmas? That would be fun! I decided I want everyone to be there... Last time I was just kind of in a weird point in the mission and super stressed out, so that's why it was weird... But this time it will be better don't worry! I want to see all the babies! And that way all the babies can play together! Do you think Jenni and Greg are going to be able to come out for my homecoming?
Ya, I read about all the handbook things... I figured it would cause some backlash... It makes sense though! I mean those children are going to get baptized and the poor little kids will have no support system and will have a completely opposite home life to what they are being taught in church and will just create confusion and problems. They aren't withheld from anything else in the church... they can be completely active and participate in everything and then when they have the ability to recognize and comprehend things at a more mature level, they can be baptized. I don't see a problem with it. It is an intent to protect the innocent children. I like what Elder Christoffersen said about how even if the world is changing and the world thinks things are okay, that does not mean that God thinks so as well. Its the whole Moral Relativeness thing that Elder Oaks talked about. Right and Wrong is not determined by man. Luckily this whole thing hasn't really affected Mexico yet. I think homosexuality here is still something that is very hidden and not public...
About my week... It has been pretty normal. Which means pretty crazy! On Monday we FINALLY closed the contract on our new house! It is just 6 blocks form the office and will be much better than the old one! We had to move in before Wednesday because we had 32 missionaries come in for new missionary training meetings, so we scrambled on Monday and Tuesday to get a bunch of bunk beds and mattresses and tons of stuff moved over to our new house... That was crazy. Then on Wednesday we had to figure out where everyone was going to stay the night. In our house 18 missionaries fit, including us, so we had to find 14 other beds... Luckily we already had an idea of how it was all going to happen and could be better prepared, because when this huge generation of missionaries got here it was a mess finding a place to put them all. So we had everything all planned out just perfect with the right amount of beds and pizzas and cereal and everything just perfect, the missionaries started showing up at the offices and we started sending them off to different houses. Meanwhile we realized that the inflatable mattresses we planned on using had holes so we had to rush to buy patches and get those fixed. But everything was going way smooth until I saw 2 missionaries walking down to the offices from the bus station.... I saw them and looked down at my spreadsheet (dad would be proud) of everyone that was going to stay the night, and they weren't on there! They had come down a day early! They were part of the generation whose training was on Friday... So I kinda panicked and had NO idea where they were going to sleep or what they were going to eat and it was crazy but we got it all worked out in the end. So even being all super planned and prepared, something happens to go wrong... But I love those crazy days because we always see so many miracles... Things that just work out without being able to explain it... For example, Little Caesars gave us extra pizza, so the missionaries that weren't supposed to be hear could actually eat. Just little stuff like that that is cool to see. OOh yah and on Wednesday Elder Tipton got SUPER sick and had to stay at the office, but they were supposed to go with president to a zone while he did interviews, so I had to go be the replacement assistant for a day haha.
Well that's all the stories I have time to write... Love you lots! Thanks for the prayers and all the support! I really appreciate it. I love being a missionary!
Love,
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment