Yay! I am excited to have another niece! Now how long will it be till we know about Jenns? Just a few weeks right? I am excited! I do remember Keenan... actually I remember his farewell talk and that doesn't seem like that long ago haha. How is he? And I remember a bit about Kelsie I think... Not much.. But how great that she is going on a mission! Help her mom out :) Speaking of moms, how is Elder Schoepfle? And Elder Gilbert? Oh guess what my companion Elder Forbes is from Gilbert and knows Elder Gilbert- not super well but a little bit. Weird, huh? Zach Child is 18 already?? man I thought he was like 12 still. And good for Nate that he is going on a mission!
Ya I am doing well and sleeping better haha. Its stressful being a leader! It just happened really fast that's why I am so freaked out haha. But I like it it is just lots of responsibility. We are responsible for the safety and success of all the missionaries in our zone and on top of that our own area. But it has its perks too haha. Since Elder Flore is assistant I get to talk to him a lot because every night we have to call the assistants to talk about how the zone is doing so every 3 nights we talk haha. Actually today he is coming to Victoria and is gonna stay in our house for the zone conference and we are going to have divisions. I don't know If I will be with him or his companion but we will see. Another perk is every month we go to Tampico for a leadership council of all the zone leaders in the mission and after we all eat super good food in the mission home haha so I am excited. This month is going to be the last leadership council with President Jordan so it should be a good one :)I love being a leader and helping out my fellow missionaries and I am learning a ton. I look forward to being able to grow a lot as a leader and missionary.
Everything is going well here in the area. It was weird seeing all the members and having them all ask me what I was doing back here haha but its fun. I didn't get to know many members from the other side of the ward so I am getting to know them a bit better. We are getting adjusted to being in a trio too haha its weird and we still don't have any idea why.
Tomorrow we have zone conference, which will be the last one with president Jordan :( I am excited but also sad that we are going to have a new president. President Jordan is awesome, but I have heard good things about President Ramirez too. We will see how it goes.
My companion and I got some good news on Saturday... Elder Camarena took my place in Villa Cuahutemoc when I left there and was Elder Lopez`s companion for that change. Right before I left we had found a new investigator named Freddy. I don't remember if I told you about him but he got baptized on Saturday!!! I am so excited! Its a great feeling when finally all the hard work you have done that seemed unsuccessful finally comes full circle! We worked so hard in that area for those 12 weeks but we never had anybody come to church or progress until the very last week I was there when we had 4 investigators in church haha. But I guess that's how it works. Sometimes we reap, and sometimes we sow.
Anyway there's nothing you need to worry about :) I am safe and happy any healthy! I love you lots and you are always in my prayers.
Love you lots!
Elder Skalla
PS last week my memory card on my camera got a virus in the cyber :( So I lost most of my pics. BUT I sent pretty much all of them to you. the only ones I didn't send are the videos that were too long to send like when I made tortas with Ismael or when we changed houses and I recorded outside the truck window to show you a bit of my area. But thats not a big deal. I can reformat my memory card and keep taking pics Just keep all the pics I have sent you! Thanks! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment