Image

Image

Monday, January 19, 2015

Muddy Shoes and Canadian RV's??

Man you're just going all over the place haha.  Adalynn sounds like she just doesn't stop getting cuter. Does she like stop it because she hears it from her mom a lot haha. Jenn said you would send me pictures of cookies but you must have forgotten. Better yet just send me cookies :p no just kidding I eat too much. Haha no it hasn't been cold just the people are all bundled up and I'm just in my windbreaker. It gets to about 45 when it is raining and windy and cloudy but when the sun is out I'm walking around in short sleeves and the rest of the people have big winter coats hahaha. I haven't been taking many pictures so I just took some of random stuff I thought of. My nice shoes are still in super good condition I have worn them maybe 10 times but they just got super muddy one time and I thought I would show you. My big ones that I wear all the time I cleaned real good and put them next to the new pair that I haven't ever put on to show the difference and there is hardly any. I think my first pair will last my whole mission. I wish my feet weren't so big or I would give the new pair to someone here, but they all have small feet. 

 
















Haha its a flu shot! Don't worry they all come from Mexico City and Sister Jordan makes all of us get them haha I thought you would like the picture. 

Don't worry about sending the stuff because the D and C discs I can download from LDS.org and the hymnal I can buy in the temple store, its just a matter of getting a chance to go there. I don't need English hymn CDs.  If you want to send music the best way is sending Mp3 files by email because I don't have a CD player anymore so I have to download all the CDs to my USB and then convert them to MP3 so it works on my speaker. Its kinda a pain. But I heard that David Archuletta did a CD or a few songs in Spanish or something, could you investigate that for me??? 

We are working harder and harder every day and seeing progress every week. We had 12 less actives in sacrament meeting yesterday, some that haven't come in a long time :) Still no progressing investigators because nobody seems to make it to church but we are really working hard with both less actives and investigators. We are finding new investigators that have LOTS of potential. I am happy for the future of this area. 

Funny story for you... On Thursday we were in a lesson with a new family we found (Super catholic but I think they are interested... the dad started reading the Book of Mormon! We will see... :)) and we walked out of the house to see like 5 RVs and a few cars and a bunch of white people running around speaking English! It was like 7:00 and it had rained that day and the "highway" that passes through our area was full of semis because there is a big hill they all have to climb and they always get stuck and its a big mess. But a caravan of RVs from Canada on their way to Cancun was passing through my middle of nowhere pueblo and they got impatient waiting on the little highway and tried to take a shortcut through the neighborhood and they couldn't find their way out and nobody spoke Spanish and they were super stressed out and so I helped them translating and gave them directions of how they could get out fastest haha. A few of them made it out but a few had RVs that were too big for the narrow and bumpy roads so they just stayed the night in the middle of the neighborhood haha. All the people went out of their houses to see what was going on and it was funny. The Canadians let them come in their RVs (Which are WAAAYYYY nicer than their little houses) and it was just odd. A few of them asked what the heck I was doing in Mexico and I explained that I was a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. A few were nice but didn't want to talk and one lady right as I said that she just said Oh you don't need to convert me I'm already christian as she walked away haha. I like the way the Mexicans reject me better haha. I didn't have any pass along cards or pamphlets in English but hopefully they will remember the Mormon missionary that helped them in middle of nowhere Mexico.

Hope you are all doing well!

Love you!

Elder Skalla

No comments:

Post a Comment