Haha Don't feel bad for not writing, I had some time to write to Chandler and Natalie and Logan and a bit of time left over to write to you. I loved all the pictures you sent me! I liked showing Elder Lopez the tubing ones. He has never seen anything like that before haha it was funny. Sounds like things there are quieting down a bit. Here I think New Years is bigger than Christmas so there weren't many people to teach but we got a few lessons in and we had a lot to eat from members that gave us dinner to take to our house.
It is very true that missionary work is hard in December and the beginning of January. Nobody wants to let us in and everybody has family over and nobody comes to church and its just a mess. Oh and Mexico celebrates with a ton of Little Fireworks and all the Little kids throw em in the Street and ALL NIGHT and its super obnoxious but finally they are settling down a bit with the Fireworks haha. In spite of the hard week we were still able to have success. Every week here we are having a Little bit more success and the area is progressing well. Every week we are locating more and more less active members and families and finding more and more people to teach. I have high hopes for the future of this area after I leave. We are finally starting to gain the trust of the members again and the future looks bright. I am still praying that Elder Lopez will have a baptism here and we have a few investigators that have lots of potential for progress. We still don't have "progressing investigators" Because nobody comes to church but I think that once the holidays are done We will see much more success in that front. I am looking forward to my last month here in the Ward. It makes me sad to be leaving but I am ready for a new area.
Ismael sent you the video he took of me making tortas right? Haha we go there pretty much every Monday to make tortas and tacos and I love it haha its super fun. He told me you were writing him but couldn't understand anything haha but he got the idea I think. He showed me a picture of the snow. Thanks for all the pictures!
Love you lots!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment