Image

Image

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hernia Surgery....info from Mom

On Friday Ryan discovered what appeared to be a hernia.  Having been through that before just less than 3 years ago, he knew what it was and knew that he needed to see a Dr.  The Dr. at the MTC Health Center confirmed the hernia and immediately made an appt. with a surgeon the following Monday.  They don't waste any time at the MTC and surgery was scheduled for Tuesday morning.  Today is Wednesday!  What a whirlwind!

Ryan had successful surgery.  It was repaired laparoscopically through his belly button, so the say the recovery time will be less than last time.  He returned back to the MTC around 5 pm Tuesday night.  We were able to talk with him for almost an hour while he was still in the hospital just before he went back to the MTC and he was doing well.  It took some time for him to "wake up" and get his heart rate and such back to normal, but overall everything went as planned.  I am not sure if we will get an email today which would normally be P-Day.  

I have been pretty ok with all of this up until now, but today I have been more emotional than the whole 4 days!  I keep wondering if someone is making sure he is getting his pain meds on time, who is going to do his laundry today, does he have enough ice, will someone wake up if he needs something in the middle of the night?  Stupid stuff a mom just does without thinking about it!  I think up until now I have just relied on faith that he is in good hands, where he is supposed to be.  Now I am emotional thinking of how blessed we have been and all the things that could have gone wrong, but didn't.  I am a lot tougher on the outside than I am on the inside!  It is hard just turning your child over to someone else, even if it is turning him over to Heavenly Father and those he has called to serve.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  

I am very grateful to all who have been so supportive and checking in on my and on Ryan.  He loves getting mail and DearElder letters!   Thanks for taking the time to write to him.  It means a lot to both of us!
Ryan and Elder Garnett who both had surgery this week!  Elder Garnett had his appendix removed!

On his way to surgery....



No comments:

Post a Comment