This week was a great week. My companion and I get along great. He knows the scriptures super well and is a great teacher and I am improving too and little by little we are getting better about planning and studying haha. We get along great and have a ton of fun together. He is from Veracruz. The city is called Coatzacoalcos. It's like 15 hours away. Panuco is at the North tip and Coatza is at the south. My whole mission I have been in Veracruz haha :) The house is nice. Its big enough for the 4 of us but we are still looking for another house because president doesn't like it that the four are living in the same house. We are the only elders in the mission living more than 2 haha. Yes I met Sister Gonzalez like 4 months ago at transfers. I just forgot to tell you. We didn't talk much, we both just said "ohhh so you're the one my mom keeps telling me to find" haha.
I hope David gets better soon. I didn't know Marissa had her papers in! That's awesome! (HIs cousin Marissa is going to Gilbert,AZ Spanish Speaking) That's a great mission too, I have heard. And we will be able to speak Spanish together! Doesn't matter where you are everywhere feels like a whole different world when you are on a mission. That's the place she was foreordained to serve in and any other mission wouldn't be right for her. I am proud of Kelsie AND Brad for making the decision to serve a mission. Brad's not worth missing a mission :p (Brad's girlfriend leaves next Wednesday for the Knoxville Tennessee Spanish Speaking Mission) She's a cute girl and I am excited to meet her and talk in Spanish. The living room looks super weird like that haha. Did I ever tell you about the house we went to when I was on splits in Barrio Tampico that had that picture on the wall? That was weird... I love that picture though...
I am still loving my area and loving Mexico. Every day is something new and crazy and its just awesome. We are having tons of fun and lots of success too. We found a family the other day that has lots of potential and yesterday we started teaching the wife of a less active member. They are a young couple and have been married for 3 years and we talked about eternal marriage and temples and The Family, A Proclamation and it was an awesome lesson. We hope they can come to church and progress so they can be baptized. They have a cute little two year old that reminds me of Tate and Addy. I didn't get any pics from Jenni today :( I hope everything is going well and that you feel better soon. You already got a blessing right? If you thought the pigs were gross... haha I wish I could take pictures of some of the things we see haha. But just things you have to laugh at. The other day we were walking to our area in the morning after studying and we saw a drunk guy passed out on the sidewalk, snoring, with his empty wallet by his side haha. I love Mexico :)
Hope you are all doing great. I always forget about the things I want to tell you on Monday... I should probably be better about writing in my journal but Its so boring... does Chandler have his papers in yet?
That's all I can think of right now haha.
Love you!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment