Haha I thought you would like all those pictures. I took a bunch my last day with the families I said bye to. The boat is my last time on the lancha :( I have crossed that river at least twice a week for 7 months going to district meetings and other stuff in Tampico. The river is what divides Tampico from Veracruz and Pueblo Viejo is in Veracruz, but just across the river. So those little boats are the only way to cross, or you can cross the Tampico Bridge, but it takes longer and taxis don't cross it. The weather was a bit ugly that day, usually it's a lot prettier. But I wanted a video my last time crossing haha.
The birthday party is from an inactive family we found. The first week we found them they all came to church and that was like when Elder Lopez had just barely gotten here. But since then the dad hasn't gone to church. He works on every day and like once a month he rests on Sunday but he always has some sort of excuse. But his wife is doing really well and comes almost every week and was going to get a calling when I left. They are a fun family but they just aren't super converted. They got sealed in the temple then inactivated. But 2 weeks ago we taught them about fasting and we fasted with them and finished on Monday with Logan's 7th birthday party and Tortas de la Barda (Tortas unique to Tampico) and cake. They hadn't fasted in a really long time and they got excited about it. They said they felt good about it and were seeing a change in their family when they started going back to church, but also that lots of bad things started happening too. My last day (last Sunday) He told us he had lost his job. I think its for the better and was the answer to our fast, but I don't know what he thinks about it. Its a great family but they have lots of trials. All 6 of them live in that little room where I took the pic with Logan. Elder Lopez was practically touching the wall when he took the picture.
Anyway I love my new area! Panuco is bigger than Pueblo Viejo but still little enough to be nice. there are a few regualr stores like coppel and milano and Farmacia Guadalajara but more than that its Oxxo and Miscelaneas. We are about an hour from Tampico. The zone is Zona Panuco. There are only 10 missionaries in the zone. its a district so its just Ebano which is like 45 minutes from here and Panuco 1 and 2. We are in the branch Panuco 2 and there is another pair of missionaries in Panuco 2 with us and another pair in 1. and 4 in Ebano. Its small but its fun. The district president is in our area. We ate with him on Sunday. He's a nice guy.
Our area is small and we are still looking for a house, but the house of the other elders is big and we like living there but president doesnt like the four of us living together haha. The four that live with me are Elder Gilbert from Ogden, Elder Sifuentes (greenie) from Matamoros, and My companion Elder Arvizu from Coatzacoalcos Veracruz.
We all get along well and its fun haha. My companion is great. Hes a hard worker most of the time and he teaches well, but he just doesn't like to study or plan. But we get along well and are helping each other out which is good. Its nice being a regular missionary and not being trained or training or with a missionary thats about to finish haha. We are having lots of success so far in the area but it is a small area so we have pretty much already met all the members and the majority of the less actives. Now we just have to search out the in-actives and find some investigators. Everything is going well and I love being in the mission.
| Elder Arvizu and Elder Skalla |
| My companion Elder Arvizu from Coatzacoalcos Veracruz, Mexico, Elder Skalla, Elder Sifuentes from Matamoros, Mexico and Elder Gilbert from Ogden, UT |
Dont worry about questions is gives me something to talk about because sometimes I get here and forget everything that has happened this week and have no idea what to write so questions are good :) Love you lots!
Elder Skalla
No comments:
Post a Comment