His new companion Elder Lopez from Western Mexico
This must be his District. He told Ali it was a little cooler. He loves it but others are freezing! I think it was a low of 57 degrees.
Sorry I only left myself 5 minutes to write to you! oops! (it was more important that he write to his Grama--letter below) Ummmm this week has been good. A bit difficult but we are seeing progress in the area. We found a few new less active and part member families and a few new investigators. The weather has been a bit colder than normal but I like it. Elder Lopez is awesome and will be a great missionary. I have learned how much progress I have truly made on my mission until now, and how much I still have to go to be a truly effective tool in the hands of the Lord.
In this group of trainers I am the only one that hasn't been in the mission more than a year. most of The rest are district leaders and zone leaders. I feel very unqualified to be in this group of great missionaries training a new generation of missionaries. president is hoping to "baptize" the mission starting with the newbies and training them to be great and sending them off afterwards to change their companions and change the whole mission. I have learned so much this week. Sorry for not being able to write much! See you next week!
Love you!
Elder Skalla
Hi Grandma!
Love you and you are always in my prayers!My mom updated me on a few of the things that are going on with papa. Know that you are always in my prayers no matter what! Prayer has an incredible power in our lives if we take advantage of it. It helps us understand the will of the Lord and align our will with His. Understand why things are the way they are. Learn what He wants us to learn. Just remember that this life is nothing more than the tip of a needle on a string with no beginning and no end. We have the peace of knowing that we will be eternal families, without pain, sorrow, or affliction. Just joy and happiness in its fullness in the presence of our Father. With an eternal mindset, death is just one more step of progress on the way to our eternal reward. Rely on the Lord for your strength to make it through this tough time and remember that He is always always always by your side. Papa will be a GREAT missionary. Something my mission president told us last week is that sometimes we have to walk hand in hand with the Savior through Gethsemane, suffering the smallest fraction of what he felt, bearing a bit of our own cross, but remember that he has already suffered our pains and heartache so that we don´t have to..
Elder Skalla
I couldn't be more proud of this boy and I know his Papa Doc is proud of him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment