Hey Family and Friends!
So this transfer I´m going to be a trainer! I will stay in Barrio Villa Cuahutemoc but I will be in the área Villa 2, which is the opposite side from where I started. I´m a bit sad because the Ponce Family and Brandon and a bunch of other members I love live in the other area and we will only see each other on Sundays but that's okay. Norma lives in this side of the área and Ismael also. There aren't many active members in this side but there are a few families and TONS of less actives! We were looking at MLS with the 1st counselor and there are almost 600 members in our Little Ward! I'm sure that the majority are less active and don't even live here anymore but LOTS live in my new área so we are going to search em out and rescue em! There are 4 families that I know that are less active that I really want to active because it will help the Ward tons! I am really excited for this transfer! We might not have baptisms or many investigators but we are gonna work hard and rescue some less actives and "echarle ganas" like they say here in Mexico! I am excited to train but super nervous! We will be learning together haha. Elder Flores is training again too at the same time as being Zone Leader which is crazy but we are going to see each other more often. Today I am here in the área with Elder Castillero from Panama. Just for today we are going to work together and then tomorrow we go to the training and get our new companions. Hes a greenie but he isn't my companion. Well he could be but we wont know til tomorrow.
Thanks for sending the scripture! We use Jeremías 1:5 tons in the misión to teach The plan of salvation and the vida preterrenal (I cant remember what its called in English, Pre Earth life, right) but I had never read the verses after.
Sounds like you had a crazy week! I want to share with you one of my favorite scriptures that has carried me through my misión thus far. Its in Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:33-37. I love the words of comfort and counsel the Lord gives to Joseph and Oliver in the midst of their trials and persecution. Even when it seems like everything is against us, if we are doing good, we cant fail.
I will keep Pam and Dean in my prayers for sure! As well as the Elders!
Oh ya I almost forgot! In zone meeting this week they were talking about a few announcements from President. One of them was about no chatting I wasn't sure about the rule but they told us that its not allowed to chat. BUT, they told us that Our misión is on the list of Mexico missions that could potentially be one of the trials for tablets! They said that probably nothing bad will happen if we chat with our family BUT we should start practicing integrity now so that when the tablets come we can show that they will be a good addition to the work and not a distraction. So no chatting, but maybe tablets!
Nothing super exciting happened this week. Did I tell you guys that last week we got to cross the Tampico Bridge to go to Stake Conference? Our whole Ward went in a bus across the river and it was pretty exciting haha. I have always wanted to cross it since I saw the pictures on google haha!
You didn't send the simplified hymns. But maybe I can order it from store.lds.org to have it sent here if you want.
That's all I have to tell you for now! Love you lots!
Elder Skalla
Tampico Zone T Shirts
A reminder of home haha
No comments:
Post a Comment